Samsung BD-D5500 audio sync issue

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Bruce White, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

I have a Samsung BD-D5500 blu-ray player. On some movies, I experience issues with the sync of the audio and video. The audio trails the video just a little. Sometimes, if I shut down the player and restart the movie where I left off, the sync issue disappears. My TV is a Samsung PN59D7000FF plasma TV. Both the TV and blu-ray player were purchased in December 2011. My receiver is about 11 years old--an Integra DTR-5.2. Audio from the blu ray player is connected to the receiver via optical cable. Any ideas how to correct this audio sync issue? I've done some searching, but have not found anything directly related as a solution with this player. Thanks in advance! Bruce

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    The issue here is using HDMI and digital at the same time. This is hardly a problem with "just that BD player". Just about the only permanent cure is a newer HDMI AVR.

3. Bruce White

Bruce White Stunt Coordinator

Sam, Thanks! I was kind of afraid that might be the issue. Fortunately, as you know from this thread, I am seriously considering upgrading my receiver. Can't happen until late April or early May, though. I'm getting more intrigued, though, about how it will make my whole system sound (and now look, with no sync issues) better. Thanks again! Bruce

4. blankblanksync

blankblanksync Auditioning

In response to syncing problem, audio sync issue has materialized and become bigger in last few days. HDMI from blu-ray to flat screen when playing netflix or crackle. i am using flat screen's speakers, so no issue with hdmi or digital to a "receiver" introducing a different lag.