What's new

Samsung BD 1400 audio question. (1 Viewer)

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
My older Denon reciever has an 'exterior in' hook-up with center/sub, Front L/R, Sur L/R & SB L/R.

Does the Samsung BD 1400 have compatible hook-ups?

I know some models of hidef players don't have the 'Surround back' jacks and others none at all.

Thanks to anyone who can tell me!!!

sptrout

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I have a Denon 3300 that does have "external" inputs for what they called at the time "future formats." The P1400 has 5.1 audio outputs so all you have to do is interconnect the two devices with standard audio cables with RCA connectors. The only trick is making sure the audio level settings are correct. In my case, the analog inputs were exactly 4dB lower than all other inputs, but at least the 3300 lets the user trim the levels on each input separately (some AVR's apparently do not). Also note that your LFE channel will need to be increased 10dB above the other 5 channels to make-up for bypassing the Bass Management System in the AVR. Again, this adjustment must be made on the analog LFE input only or all your other audio sources (TV, STB, other optical inputs) will be 10dB too high.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Thanks for the quick answer.

One more quick question.............

How about my rear surround speakers?

Will they take info from the L & R regular surround and 'create' a rear surround output from my speakers?

sptrout, thanks again----you guys never fail me.

sptrout

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve

Sorry, I did not notice that you mentioned a second set of surround speakers. The P1400 only has 5.1 analog outputs so you are limited to a 5.1 speaker setup unless your AVR can do some "magic" mixing and create a matrixed rear channel. I have no idea if there is an AVR with this type of capabilty.

BTW - - My 3300 has outputs for a second set of surrounds, but they use the same audio as the first set of surround speakers and are only provided if the user wants a different type of surround speaker for movies vs. music. Is this what you have or is your AVR actually a 6.1 or 7 channel system?

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
The new Denon and Marantz blu players have 7.1 analog outs. Some of the older models such as the Panasonic ???10 have them but I would stick with something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks