What's new

Samsung announces combo player (1 Viewer)

BrandonH

Stunt Coordinator
Tell me about it..
I have been on the preorder list since 23-Oct
And already have blu-ray and HDVD's I purchased that I can not play, My 7 Mogami RCA-RCA patch cords arriving today for the analog 7.1 inputs, along with the HDMI-DVI cable...I'm all set.
Darn Darn Darn

P.S.
Forgot to add yesterday:
Next Tuesday I am having broadband installed and an Ethernet port installed next to the TV so I will be ready to plug in the player to the internet too.
OH well I have been waiting for a player like this for 3 years now so I guess I can wait another month...I hope its only a month more.

TARDIS

Grip
Real Name
Rich
Well, here we go again. The Samsung model has been removed from the Crutchfield website. I came back here to the forum and clicked on the link that was listed a few posts ago and it took me to a page that says that the item is no longer available. very frustrating.

TARDIS

Grip
Real Name
Rich

Interesting. If I go directly to the Crutchfield website they only listing for the Samsung is the 1400, however, if I come here and click on the link you provided then it takes me to a page that says the item is not available.

TARDIS

Grip
Real Name
Rich

Robert, I just stubbled accross this article that also suggests that the Samsung will be BD 2.0. But I can't put the link in b/c I don't have ten posts yet.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Here is the response I got from Crutchfield this morning, notice the "high demand"....:

"I will be happy to help with your question on the Samsung BD-UP5000. Unfortunately there is not an exact ETA available for that product yet. The information that has been made available at this point is that it should start shipping between the end of December and the beginning of January. We have stopped taking orders on that model due to the high demand and no supply at this point"

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Thanks for the post Tardis, when I find one actually in stock on sale anywhere I will report it here, hopefully everyone else following the thread will do the same. Wow, what a deal this is at that price. I think I may still wait for a few reviews and see some first posts by owners. I also hear it will come with free discs on both formats. But rumuors all over the internet, no definites on that.

TARDIS

Grip
Real Name
Rich
Here is a link http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=172

It's looks like some people have started receiving their new Sammy's today. I have mine pre-ordered from Amazon and so far there has not been any movement on my account. However, it looks some select BB stores have/had some in stock today and Crutchfield has been issueing tracking numbers and emails to some of the people that pre-ordered from their site.

I can't wait to hear some initial reviews.

Anyone have any inside info about when Amazon will receive a shipment?

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
This is exciting, thopugh a few things on the other forum seem to be disheartening. They are showing their players as showing 128mb of memory, BD1.1 requirement is 256 mb. So much for the 1gb of memory to upgrade to 2.0. Also, they are saying that Dolby True out of the analogs is 2 channel only. That's a major bummer for me, without an HDMI receiver (my Denon has 7.1 analog in). Interested to see more posts around the web in the next few weeks, I might just check if they have one and buy it and try it out for my 30 days. Target is supposed to start selling these online, and they are 90 days. I would only send it back if the player "turned me off"

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hmm.
May need to give those reviewers some time though. It's not unusual to learn that they used a wrong setting, or there's a work-around or whatever.
I need those 5.1 analogues too, for the time being at least.

Cees

TARDIS

Grip
Real Name
Rich
Don't be discouraged just yet. The Bd 1400 also was shipped with "crippled" analogues. From what I have read, Samsung announced a firmware upgrade within a few days which turned the two channel dolbyTrue HD to a full 5.1. I would have a difficult time believing that they wouldn't do the same thing for their flagship player (I hope).

BrandonH

Stunt Coordinator
Just canceled my order with onsale.com
Samsung Electronics BD-UP5000 1080p Blu-ray and HD DVD Hi-Def Duo Player
their price 779.00 plus shipping...free after mail in rebate :thumbsdown:
pluse they are not an authorized internet Samsung dealer
and went with thehighdefinitionstore.com
BD-UP5000 — World’s First True Blu-ray® and HD DVD Hi-Def Duo Player - The High Definition Store
for 719.00 free shipping period no mail in rebate :emoji_thumbsup: and they are an authorized dealer
I tried to get onsale to match the price they said no so I canceled.
still have to wait though.
They said mid January maybe

TARDIS

Grip
Real Name
Rich
When I learned that Crutchfield and BBFB had received some shipments and sent them out, I emailed Amazon (back on Dec. 15) asking when they were expecting them in and here is the response I got back on Dec. 16:

"Greetings from Amazon.com! I apologize for any misunderstanding about the delivery estimate for your order. "Samsung BD-UP5000 1080p HD-DVD Blu-Ray Disc Combo Player" hasn't shipped because it hasyet to be released. As listed on our site, it's currently scheduled to be released on December 24, 2007. As soon as the item has been released, we'll be able to ship it to you. As per our standard policy, we'll not charge you until the items are ready to be shipped. Please note that the release date and the price details listed in our website are what we obtain from our suppliers and manufacturers, so we are unable to check the release date of the item. However, please be assured that we will update the listings as soon as possible if we get the revised released date for the item. If the item has been released and we obtain the information from the supplier, we will start processing the order as soon as possible. However, since you have mentioned that the item is released on other site, we are unable to ship the items."

I don't where it lists the item's release date as Dec 24 on their website. When I click on the page is shows Jan 15. Also, the last sentence (along with a couple of others in the email) of the email did not make much sense to me. I looks like they tried to combine two different thoughts together and it got garbled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks