What's new

Samsung 6100 vs 6500 Series (1 Viewer)

Fastfwd

Agent
Real Name
Jason Garrett
Well, when Best Buy sold out online; it swayed me to find a ST50 elsewhere and I pulled the trigger. So far, I’m pretty impressed! I suppose I might describe it as have richer color vs. vibrancy of the LCD from what little chance I’ve had to view them at home with some generic calibration settings I found (I just Googled that and see that sentiment elsewhere too – I agree). I’m still trying to do some ‘break in’ that I see talked about. I just figured out what I had been using isn’t the ‘slides’ that everyone talks about associated with whoever D-Nice is and his calibration settings. I just started the slides in place of the video I had burned off that was recommended somewhere else. It’s all full screen, no bars content – so, presumably was just another person’s approach to break in. The slides are specifically noted to not be intended for break-in, but that’s what a slew of people use them for anyway. The smart features are not nearly as poorly implemented as I had anticipated either. Actually, some of the apps are better done on the Panasonic and the interface isn’t as slick looking, but maybe more functional. I have had issues with my Netfilx and Vudu initially, but they are ironing themselves out now and working. Additionally, I have Panny DVD/Bluray Players that seem to interface better and I’m initially finding the audio output to my receiver might be adapting to inputs better for some reason I haven’t quite put my finger on yet – not sure what I was doing on the other set if the fault was on me. I appreciate the advice! The Samsung was excellent and I’m sure it is the best choice for a lot of folks, but I am so far very pleased with the Panny Plasma and I don’t have plans to return this one unless it does something pretty bad in the first 30 days.

Users who are viewing this thread