samsung 4676s

Discussion in 'Displays' started by greg baker, Oct 23, 2006.

1. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

Just saw this at CC yesterday and thought it looked great. It was next to the 50. I thought that it was one of their plasma's. They were displaying the same image and I thought it look a good bit better. I walked up to it and notice it was much thinner than any DLP that I had seen. I loved the gloss black front. I can't find alot of info on these. I am looking for anyone that has this set. Just looking for your thoughts. Thanks,

Greg

2. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I'm thinking about picking one of these up as well (either this or a new Sharp 42" 1080p LCD). What is most attractive to me about the Samsung is the increase in size (46" vs. 42") and the $500 I'd save (sans any cost for replacement lamps/bulbs). I saw this set running a promo for the Lemony Snicket movie (in HD) and thought it looked great. I also like the glossy black and the fact that it's only 10" deep.

3. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

I was debating between the Samsung 46" and the Sony 46" E2000 and I chose the Sony as I didn't like the Beady look I saw with the new Samsung - It had a stronger beaded look to it compared to the other DLPs around it. Plus the price was nice on the Sony as CC had 10% off of $199 and up last week. Therefore I chose the Sony.....just my opinion and my eyes observation.
    I think the reason for the stronger bead look might be because the smaller size????