Samsung 32" HDTV $699.99

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Will, May 7, 2003.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

On Circuit City's website they have the 32" Samsung HDTV TXN3245FP for $699.99 & the 32" TXN3275HF for $999.99 I guess they now have Samsung tv's? I also noticed a few new Panasonic models. Now if they would only carry Toshiba.

2. Joe RZ

Joe RZ Stunt Coordinator

Bill,

I also saw this on Circuit City's website.It's not very clear about the features.It claims to be progressive but doesnt give any real details.It's not even listed on Samsung's website.

Anybody have any insite on this model?

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Joe, I was looking for the same thing too. Maybe someone will chime in with some info.

4. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Check the "archived sets" section on the company's Website. These are discontinued models that are still out there in warehouses. But even current-model 32-inch, ATSC-capable Samsungs can be found at a few sources for around a grand minus a dollar.

A definitive assessment of the general picture quality (grayscale accuracy, particularly), build quality, and overall reliability of these sets would be good.

5. Joe RZ

Joe RZ Stunt Coordinator

Jack,

This paticular model TXN3245FP is not in the archived area.

6. Kyle Tippett

Kyle Tippett Stunt Coordinator

Go to trhe regular samsung.com , no the USA site, there are plenty of other sets that mey be on their other national sites, that they ahvent put oin ours yet, but maybe are available in the US now.... the web guys over there may just be lazy...

7. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

I think? the "N" in the model number stands for the 2003 models because I thought the 2002 models had "M" in the model number. But I could be wrong.

8. Louis.K

Louis.K Auditioning

The TXN3275HF is at http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...N3275HFX%2fXAA

The TXN3298HF is at
    http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...N3298HFX%2fXAA

The TXM series was last year (2002)'s models, I think. I remember seeing on CNET or somewhere that the xx96 models were the base, the xx97 had a 3D line comb instead of a 3 line comb, and the xx98 had BBE and PiP. Obviously that naming convention's been shot all to h3ll, but the 98 still looks like the premium model (DVI, PiP, BBE, 3D filter) over the 75.

I'm confused as all get out ... I don't even know if I need a 3D filter instead of a 3-line ... [​IMG]

There's also a TXN3271HF at http://www.samsungusa.com/cgi-bin/na...N3271HFX%2fXAA

9. Steve Kramzer

Steve Kramzer Stunt Coordinator

10. Louis.K

Louis.K Auditioning