What's new

Sally Field fans rejoice! (1 Viewer)

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Ah, Gidget and Flying Nun. Now we're talking. I was hoping Sony would get around to their Screen Gems classics. All we need to complete the Sally Field triple now is Girl with Something Extra. SG was the home of many great sitcoms from the mid-60s to early 70s. Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Occasional Wife, Love on a Rooftop, Second Hundred Years, Bridget Loves Bernie, The Good Life, Nancy, Paul Lynde Show, Temperatures Rising, Farmer's Daughter. I mean they also turned out a few not so great (Ugliest Girl in Town, Camp Runamuck) but most of their shows were good, entertaining shows. I have been patiently waiting for some announcements to get excited about and now with this and Alfred Hitchcock and Leave it to Beaver I'm darned happy.:D

Claude North

Second Unit
I'm surprised it took Sony so long to release Gidget. Nonetheless, I am VERY happy that this is coming in 2005. This is one that I'll be getting the day it is released.

Joseph Miller

Stunt Coordinator

If I'm not mistaken, they go back farther than that, at least in terms of what they own now. I'd like to see:

Father Knows Best
Dennis the Menace
Hazel

But, I don't know if that'll ever happen. At least the last four (of five) seasons of "Hazel" were in color, so maybe that's in its favor. But I have a feeling these won't ever happen on DVD. But I tend to be a pessimist.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
If you want to go back to the fifties then you can also add Burns and Allen, one of the all-time classics. Don't know if enough younger viewers are familiar enough with this for it to have a chance at a release. Plus there are a truckload of episodes, something close to 300 made and about 225 filmed (first 2 seasons were done live and only exist on PD kinescopes that sometimes turn up). But so far there has been no indication of Columbia showing any interest in digging that deep in the vaults. The only show they own that's black and white that has had any DVD showing is Naked City and they licensed that out to Image.

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
I loved Gidget the TV series but was surprised when I read it only lasted one season...I mean it used to run in sydication quite often in Chicago in the early 80's.....

Dorrie

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I remember that it aired only one season. I was a teenager when this originally aired and saw every episode. I was sad when the show was not renewed for a second season. I have enjoyed watching episodes on TV Land, recently.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Good to see these shows coming to DVD. The Flying Nun is alright, but I'll definately be buying Gidget. After seeing it on ABC Family and TV Land, I took an quick liking to it.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
And if "Sybil" is released, it should be the complete uncut 195 minute version (4 hours originally w/commercials), not the cut-down video version.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
So, these 2 were supposed to be out this September? Shouldn't we have heard more at this point or has this turned out to be a false rumor?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks