What's new

Sale of Laser Discs (1 Viewer)

Peter_ S

Auditioning
I have about a 100 or so laser discs that I want to sell and I am looking for sites to place ads that eager buyers (if there are any) might frequent. I will be posting here and AVSforum. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Of course, there's the ever-lovin' Ebay! You could try the Exchange Forum at Dvd Talk. Better yet, send me a list! I'm always looking and I'm still buying (but I'm willing to trade also). Hopefully, you've got some good stuff.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,
I've been using EBAY alot lately. I'm helping my Dad sell off some of his. If you have the right ones, they get alot of $$. Music Videos and old movies seem to fetch the most.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I had about 75 LDs. I checked "Completed Sales" on eBay for some of the better titles only to see that most went for under $5, some didn't even get bids on them. When you think about all the work that you'd have to go into to put up that many LDs only to get no bids on them, I figured it wasn't worth my trouble, threw them out, and played with my kids instead :)
Mike
------------------
Listen to my radio station - Starman's Neverland

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Peter,
Check eBay to see what they are worth. A few make money on their own. Sell them like that. The rest won't make much at all (esp. if available on DVD) but can probably be sold as a collection. Don't expect a lot of revenue. Good luck. I am just keeping mine b/c you NEVA know!
Chuck

Peter_ S

Auditioning
Thanks for the comments guys. The situation is about as dismal as I thought. Anyway I'll put together my list and see what happens.
Alan:
I'll email you a copy of the list.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am also hunting for a Frightener's: Signature Collection...? If anyone is willing to sell!
Chuck
------------------
He had a plan. Maybe you just didn't see it 'til it hit you between the eyes. But, it started to make sense... in a Tyler sort of way. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Chuck! I would like that Signature edition of Frighteners too! And coincidentally, there is an auction for it up on ebay, but its only being sold with a bunch of other movies and a player! Even if you can find it by itself, expect to pay over $100 for it!

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Peter, email me your list with prices and I'll look it over. I've been buying a TON of LDs lately.
mailto:[email protected] You never know where things like this will pop up.
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy

Nathan_H

Second Unit
I'm seeking out Hollywood stuff from the 30s and 40s on laserdisc, since so little is out on DVD. If you're collection covers that realm, drop me a line.
------------------

Dave Lyons

Stunt Coordinator
Peter, please email the list to me too if you get the chance. I'm still known to buy lasers from time to time ... :)

Peter_ S

Auditioning
Thanks for all the response guys. There is more interest than I thought. I'll put the list together and send it out on the weekend to everyone who expressed an interest.
Cheers
Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks