What's new

Sade Lovers Live DVD (1 Viewer)

Randy Torres

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the new Sade Live dvd today at bestbuy. The title is "Sade Lovers Live". If you are a Sade fan you will want this disc. 21 songs, DD5.1 that sounds great and a very good concert to boot. I give it three thumbs up.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
It's a pretty surprising release, considering we just had 2 Sade DVD's a few months ago, which included another live performance. I'm gladly picking it up this week though. :)
-Dave

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Had to try two BB stores to get this one, first one sold out before noon, got the last copy at the second store. The lady still has it!:emoji_thumbsup:

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Although the box doesn't state it, this title is widescreen as well! :D
-Dave

Frank Tran

Agent
Yes, but does anyone know if it is anamorphic? I can not tell as I do not have a 16:9 set as of yet.

Great concert though!!!

Tom Blake

Auditioning
Picked up this disc yesterday. While I agree it's a good effort and anamorphic to boot, the packaging clearly shows the DTS logo but a DTS soundtrack appears to be absent from the disc. Has anyone been able to find a DTS track? The DTS logo clearly appears on both the disc and outer packaging. False advertising, or just a mistake?

Tom

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Has anyone been able to find a DTS track?
No, there is no DTS track on this disc. Frankly, I didn't even see that logo. Looks like it's kind of a generic thing printed in the lower right corner. (Not that it's right, it just looks that way to me.)
Actually, I would have preferred a PCM stereo track instead of DD 2.0. But I guess you can't have everything for $14.99. I mean, this is just one buck above BB's price for the CD, which has a lot less music on it, and you get anamorphic widescreen footage with it as well. So I guess I am happy.;)
Randy, thanks for mentioning BB had this for this price. Why they don't advertise this in their flyer, I have no idea.
-Christian

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone compared the 2 live discs yet?
BTW, the last live disc did have PCM as an option, which is always nice. :) I haven't decided if I need 2 Sade Live DVDs over so much other great music titles I don't yet have.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Just a quick comparison: the new disc has more songs, includes material from Lovers Rock (obviously), and is anamorphic widescreen. Subjectively, I felt the concert on the new disc has a cooler, somewhat detached feel. The earlier disc felt like a much more impassioned performance. Also, the earlier concert has a more varied look to it, which is a bit more appealing to my eyes.
So at least for me, the pros and cons balance each other out. You certainly don't need both, but for $14.99 and a nice big image of Sade on my widescreen, I ain't gonna turn it down! :D
-Dave

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
What was the previous live dvd called?

Also on this one most of the audience shot appears to be non anamorphic only the stage shots are,which is kinda odd but not a huge deal.

The DTS logo is on both on the back cover and on the disc itself,this kinda bugs me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks