What's new

Sad News about Natasha Richardson - RIP (1 Viewer)

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
And there was an article done a few months back on her and Liam's home theater in soundandvisionmag, what a shame.

Ennsio

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris

I was just thinking the same thing as I read this tragic news. What struck me about that article on their home theater was how closely it tied celebrities' lives with what we talk about here on the forum every day. Reading about how she and Liam Neeson would enjoy sitting in their new theater with friends to watch a movie, and then now thinking that they would no longer be able to do that (or any other things they did together as a family) is really sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
They dimmed the lights on B'way tonight at 8pm for her. I wanted to hang around after work, (I get off at 6pm and am based out of the booth theater which is right in Shubert Alley) but I had to run home to watch the kid. My friend who is the head electrician there dimmed the lights and said that Liam Neeson, Vanessa Redgrave and many other family and friends were there. She felt very honored to do it but very sad.
Such a tragedy. I only knew Natasha for those 6 months like 9 years ago but it is just really sad to me.

Goes to show you live your life to the fullest every day because we really don't know what tomorrow may bring.
God bless Liam and the family during these times.

RIP Natasha :frowning:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Dave, I think that really speaks to what an amazing woman she must have been. Whether you knew her a long time or a short time, the loss is significant. I offer my condolences to you as well.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Cameron, she really was one of those wonderful people that just light up a room. Sweet, kind, elegant and almost ethereally beautiful.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I've only ever seen her in Gothic and Nell. I enjoyed both films. Oddly, I only vaguely remember her in Nell. But she made quite a fetching Mary Shelley in Gothic. I had a bit of a crush on her in that.

Anyway, I was extremely saddened by the news and was on pins and needles waiting to see which version of her story was correct "recovering" or "near death". I was hoping for the former but it was not to be.

My heart goes out to her family. One day they had a daugher, wife and mother, now she's gone. That's an emptiness that takes quite a long time to come to grips with. A recent pic of Neeson on the news just confirms that, he looked completely spent. So very tragic. :frowning:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was looking at one of the photos cnn.com was running of her (it's not up anymore) and it reminded me what a remarkably beautiful face and smile she had.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I'm not familiar with her work, but yeah it's sad and actually pretty scary to think about. I know people die in accidents every day, but from what seemed like a minor hit to the head? I'm sure many of us have taken blows to the head in our pasts and probabaly for many worse that what was described in her case (I remember one time ice skating years ago and falling back and the back of my head sqarely hitting the ice, it certainly hurt like hell for hours but I was ok, who knew that I could have gotten up and walked away but ended up brain dead within hours?)

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
I still haven't heard any specifics other than she fell on a beginner course. The one and only time I've ever skied was years ago in Beaver Creek Colorado. We stayed with a friend who was a ski instructor there and I still remember him wearing a helmet and saying he would never ski without one. I don't know if she was wearing one or not and it may not have made a difference anyway but it's still tragic regardless.

I saw the video of Neeson on Broadway and feel so bad for him and especially his kids.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just watched The Parent Trap (1998) which I had never seen before.
Much more emotional for me that I had thought it would be.
I had a crush on Hayley for, a long time, from the original. She's actually some months older than me. There are several nods to the first movie, including a few notes of "Let's Get Together" at the end of the credits.
Natasha was wonderful, but hearing her talk to Quaid about "growing old together" was wrenching.
We've lost a great talent and from all accounts a dear person.

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike

She was not wearing a helmet. That came out in the news yesterday.

This is a tragic loss to the entertainment industry, but especially to her family and friends.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The picture I saw of Neeson when he arrived on Broadway made him look very grim. But I watch the video and he actually looked happy to see people who were there to lend a hand with the family's grief. I was kind of relieved after seeing that video even though I usually look down on them having cameras in peoples faces when they'd gone through something so traumatic.

jazzlovr1990

Auditioning
Real Name
Jessica Smith
it's so sad to hear about her passing. seriously it was such a freak accident but ... she's in a good place. rip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks