What's new

Sad News about Natasha Richardson - RIP (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I was saying prayers for her and the family all day today. She was in the play "Closer" at the theater I worked at on B'way and I had the pleasure of knowing her. A truly lovely and beautiful woman and amazing actress. Such a loss.

RIP Natasha, an elegant and amazing woman...

:frowning:

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
How tragic, things go from a headache to death in the span of several hours. Such a horrible loss. Prayers go out to the family.

Doug

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
This is so sad - she appears to be what we called an "eggshell plaintiff" in torts class in law school. Whenever I fell down on the bunny slopes - which was quite frequently - my friends all gathered around to ridicule my performance. Short of running into a tree I don't see how she could have suffered such a head injury. But people aren't all the same.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I am so sorry to hear the early reports are confirmed. I could not help thinking of the movie "Nell" when I heard the news, the film where I believe Neeson and Richardson first met. My condolences to the entire family.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Goodness, what a shock. I pray for her family at this time....

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

That was the only role of hers that I saw her in. Thanks to the excellent chemistry she had with Dennis Quaid as well as with everyone else in the cast, the remake was far superior to the original.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter

Not true at all. She had to have had an epidural hematoma. The so-called "lucid interval" after her accident is the giveaway here, it's absolutely classic for that particular form of injury. Scary thing is, it actually takes surprisingly little trauma to cause one if you get hit in the wrong place. A good friend of my fiancé's lost her mother to one. She was working in the kitchen and a can fell out of the cabinet and knocked her on the head. At first she was fine; 24 hours later she was dead. Injury to the middle meningeal artery is the most common cause of epidural hematomas, and it runs very superficially in some places (particularly at your temple). Even a relatively light hit at the wrong place and angle can cause death. This wasn't a death from diffuse swelling secondary to diffuse axonal injury or similar; she was killed by a bleed that filled a portion of her skull and forced her brainstem out the base.

My prayers are with her and her family. Having lost a sister not so long ago, I know what it's like having someone so young taken so unexpectedly.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I never really know what to say in these types of threads. For some reason, the news of her accident has hit me harder than most celebrity deaths/accidents. Probably something to do with how it underlines the fragility and unpredictability of life.

It's incredibly devastating news. I always liked her as an actress and thought she and Liam made a lovely couple. Maybe the reason this is hitting so hard is that not only was she married to one of my favorite actors, she comes from a legendary family of actors that I've enjoyed watching on the screen over the years. My heart goes out to her all her family and friends. :frowning:

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
They met before Nell, when they were doing an acclaimed revival of O'Neill's Anna Christie for the Roundabout Theater Company on Broadway in 1993.

Richardson was like a family member at Roundabout, where she also gave her Tony Award-winning performance in Cabaret and played Blanche in a revival of A Streetcar Named Desire. Just a few months ago, she joined her mother (and an all-star cast) in a one-night-only performance of A Little Night Music to raise money for Roundabout's next season.

Even before the news broke, I suspected the worst when I walked past Lenox Hill Hospital on Wednesday afternoon and saw all the cameras lined up outside. Something about the demeanor of the reporters was very discouraging.

I feel ill.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The fact is, they never would have flown her from Montreal if she had a serious chance. The city has Montreal Neurological Hospital, partnered with McGill, and the pressure changes of flight would probably wreak havoc on a patient with inner cranial bleeding. My guess is the move to New York allowed family and friends the chance to say good bye before they pulled the plug.

What a tragic turn of events; I feel so sad for her friends and family.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I feel awful about this tragic news. I remembered several months ago reading an article in a HT magazine about their home theater and found them to be a great looking couple. Very sad news indeed. May she R.I.P.

Crawdaddy

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I'll have to chime in as another who is shocked and saddened by this tragic news. When death strikes so suddenly and seemingly out of the blue to people who seem full of life it is always unnerving - mortality beckons...

RIP Ms. Richardson with prayers and condolences to your family.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just learned of this today, it's horrible enough when someone elderly and with a terminal illness passes away but to lose someone young and healthy suddenly to an accident is that much worse.

Sad sad news. :frowning:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
My family and I enjoyed her in The Parent Trap and Maid In Manhattan.

:frowning: RIP

Users who are viewing this thread