What's new

SACD List of Upcoming Titles to get excited about! (1 Viewer)

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Tomoko, I have to admit that classical forms a small part of my usual listening, and unfortunately this list so far reflects my habits a bit too much. But please feel free to note any titles that have you interested, and I'll be happy to add them in. Again, a fully comprehensive list is a bit too ambitious for this thread!

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Yep, I am not a big classical music listener either. However, I do enjoy the Mahler discs from the SF Symphony and was happy to see that the Mahler 3 disc is now up for order from them. Here is the link:

http://www.shopsfsymphony.org/item.j...66&category=11

The shipping is too expensive but it is nice to see that it is now listed.

Also, just a quick note on the Rebecca Pidgeon disc. I see that Chesky has shipped mine so it is now available direct from them.

NP: The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta SACD

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
List updated to include Lightnin' Hopkins "Broken Hearted" on 3/18, the new multichannel version of Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Couldn't Stand the Weather" on 4/22, Leonard Bernstein "West Side Story" on 5/13, Herbie Hancock's "Future Shock" in May-2003, and some notes regarding possible streetdate changes for various Peter Gabriel titles.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Couldn't Stand the Weather" on 4/22
Ohhh MMMyyy GGGOOOODDDDD! It will either freak me out or get me off:D Tin Pan Alley in MC!!!!! VooDoo Child in MC!!!!
Do I dare say that I will have two SACDs of the same title?

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily, but I thought I'd heard that "TEXAS FLOOD" will be getting the m/c treatment and rerelease. Does anybody know?

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Yep, I have heard that Texas Flood is coming out in m/c as well this year.
Great, the more the merrier! I will wait to hear CSTW first. I am not always enamored with the various multichannel mixes out. Case in point is The Classics by the Police. Some songs sound wonderful in MC and some GGRRHHH!!!! Texas Flood to me is one step behind CSTW in sound. Oh if they would be hybrids though:b

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone seen the upcoming Bluenote SACD up for preorder anywhere? I figure on picking up a few of these and come release date I would like to guarantee I will have them in my hands.

J

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Alot of Pentatone label recordings over the next few months (about 30). These are high quality 4 channel recordings from the 1970s.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Tomoko, if there are any specific titles you're interested in from Pentatone, please list them! I'll add the Rimsky-Korsakov to the list as soon as I see if there are any more details (exact streetdate, m/c or stereo, etc.).

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
It appears that Universal has added a few new titles to their "coming soon" page: Link Removed

The one I'm most excited about is Sigur Rós "( )", which will be coming to us as a hybrid multichannel disc! No streetdate yet.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
More good news... AMUSICDIRECT is listing preorders for:

Aimee Mann "LOST IN SPACE" from Mobile Fidelity in August (as this is an MFSL title, I think we can expect it to be hybrid stereo).

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers "KEYSTONE 3" on 4/15 from Concord. It's listed as multichannel, but no indication of hybrid/single layer.

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
BIS, the music label has announced the complete orchestral recordings of Grieg. The first recording has the piano concerto and the symphony in c and is available on 3/25.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
The list is updated to indicate all the 4/8 releases from Universal:

April 8, 2003
  • :star: Anne-Sophie Mutter "Beethoven: Violin Concerto; Romances" Hybrid M/C
  • :star: Kleiber/Vienna Philharmonic "Beethoven: Symphonies 5, 7 (Originals)" Hybrid M/C
  • :star: Andrea Bocelli "Sentimento" Hybrid M/C
  • :star: Goebel/Musica Antiqua Köln/ McCreesh/Gabrieli Consort and Players "Biber: Missa Salisburgensis" Hybrid M/C
  • :star: Valery Gergiev/Kirov Orchestra "Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade" Hybrid M/C
  • :star: Shaggy "Lucky Day" Hybrid M/C

Also, The Music Tap reports that the release of Peter Gabriel's "Up" (hybrid m/c) has been moved to April 29 (the same date as the rest of the Gabriel catalog), and that the Allman Bros. "Live at the Fillmore East" is set for July 15. List updated accordingly.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Aimee Mann "LOST IN SPACE" from Mobile Fidelity in August (as this is an MFSL title, I think we can expect it to be hybrid stereo).
Damn! This might be one of the few titles that forces me to break my credo about not buying SACD releases of albums I already own on Redbook. Like I said, looks like there will be a few exceptions, although I would prefer "Batchelor #2" over "L.I.S."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks