What's new

SACD hookup question (1 Viewer)

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
I had this question in another thread I had started, but I'm afraid no one read it.

My question is this:

If i want to listen to a 2 channel SACD, do I need separate connections other than the 5.1 hookup? In other words, if I have my 5.1 analog connections in place, is this enough, or do I need to connect other cables?

BTW, I have a Denon 3802 and a Sony SCD-CE775. I presently have the 5.1 analog connections running from the CD player to the Ext In inputs on the receiver for multichannel SACDs. For standard CDs, I have the player connected to the receiver via the optical output. The only outputs left on the CD player are the 2 channel analog outputs, to which I have nothing connected. So, basically, my question is do I need these final 2 outputs connected to the receiver for 2 channel SACDs?

Thanks......

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
Supposedly, you do not have to hook up both sets of connects, but after saying that, I find that my system has more punch when I listen to the stereo track on an SACD through just the left/right connection instead of the 5.1 path.

I don't know why, it just does.

I'm using a Sony c555es hooked up to a Sunfire pre/pro & amp with B&W N802's as my front speaks.

Try it both ways and compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks