What's new

s video through hi fi amp (1 Viewer)

buster _bb

Auditioning
i am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but i will any way a salesman told me that if i run my projector through the s video on my hi fi amp it can improve picture quality is this true thanks

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
The correct answer is.....maybe.

First of all, you want to have as few connections between your video source and display device as possible.

That being said, if you want to have the ability to switch video sources through your receiver, you have to look at the specs of your receiver. Some do a better job of "passing the signal along" than others.

At best, there will be very little or noticeable signal degradation. I don't know of any receivers that "enhance" the video signal. Some DVD players and DSS receivers have dual s-video outputs, and you might be able to use both, though I assume your projector only has 1 s-video input.

You are better of just trying it out both ways to see if the difference is noticeable and/or acceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks