Russell Crowe objects to Joan Collins

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MickeS, Feb 25, 2002.

1. MickeS

MickeS Producer

From IMDB news today:

2. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

Way to go Russell. Ive been waiting for years for someone to say something about Collins!

3. David Rogers

David Rogers Supporting Actor

I'm curious what his objections are to Joan Collins, but I respect him for having principles that mean something to him. People forget they attach the honor of those they honor to what they use to honor them; those who bore an award before you reflect upon you, and you them.

Ultimately is just pop news fluff though, really. Just a cute story in a slow news cycle. Would have never been printed if a building had collasped or a jet crashed or something else 'juicier' for news outlets.

4. Guy_K

Guy_K Second Unit

Crowe always comes off as stuck up and arrogant. How come everyone hates Joan Collins, is it because she's had multiple affairs?

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

6. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Hmm, I would have laughed my ass off had I been there. Wasn't a kind thing to say. But there has to be a reason he doesn't like Collins. He didn't do that just because he dislikes here. Whatever the case, the man speaks his mind. And to me, that's refreshing. Not particularly nice thing to say, if he said it. I'd have to see some credible source confirming it. But anyway, I'd like to know why he doesn't like Joan Collins.
    Maybe he didn't know Collins was presenting. Who knows. At any rate, is an anonymos guest credible conformation? Not saying he didn't say it, but an anonymous guest remember he said it is not entirely credible.

7. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

8. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

This award was for CHARITY, not for acting or "most appealing personality". What the hell does liking her have anything to do with accepting the award. If she gave of herself for charitable causes, I see no reason to dump on her whether you like her or not. What a schmuck.
    Or maybe I'm missing the point of this award?

9. BrianB

BrianB Producer

10. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Thanks for that info Brian. It just reinforces my opinion of what a schmuck he is.

11. William G. Lipe

You guys think that's bad? Check this out.

12. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Well, I would like to think it's not true. But hey, I don't have to deal with him. Just give me my money's worth when I pay to see your films. But not a very nice way to act.

13. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian

14. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Sounds like Russell needs some anger management classes, after all, it's only Hollywood. It's only a poem Russ, nothing more, nothing less......
    Maybe Russell needs to change his name to something better suited to fit, like, Harry P. Ness.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

15. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

There's something about that IMDB article that doesn't ring right. From the Variety club's press release:

16. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

17. MickeS

MickeS Producer

18. Terrell

Terrell Producer

So is the IMDB article correct, or are they completely misquoting and interpreting things, as news people constantly do. Seems like from what some of the posts from Robert and Edwin put up, that this may be a complete lie. Is there any direct confirmation that this happened, or is IMDB just looking for a juicy news story?

19. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Who cares what these people say? They're paid for their acting ability, not brains or social graces. I mean look at Sean Penn. He's an obnoxious ignorant ass in real life, but he's a pretty damn good actor.

20. Charles Guajardo

Charles Guajardo Stunt Coordinator

these "news" reports sound as if they were taken straight from the National Enquirer. Don't believe everything you read on the internet. wait...

"Russell Crowe caught in a bizarre sex scandal with Meg Ryan and an Australian sheep dog! 'I thought Mystery, Alaska sucked,' one shocked observer noted. 'That movie has nothing on Crowe!'"

You may now enable your critical thinking skills.