What's new

RUNAWAY TRAIN (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I have always enjoyed the suspense in this prison break movie. The US release is full screen DVD of very poor quality. Amazon.uk is now taking orders for a Blu-ray release on 7/15. Not sure of the Region-Code you never know until place the Blu-ray in the player and see what happens. Placed an order today when I receive the Blu-ray I will report if it is Region "B" locked as well as the video/audio quality.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Love this Jon Voight movie. Perhaps my favorite film of his that he has done.

I would assume this still belongs to MGM domestically. I tagged this thread with
a Fox label so that the studio might pick up on it.

Please let us know how the imported release is and if it is region locked. I will
most likely order this as I have more uncertainty than not that MGM will get around
to releasing the title her in the states.

Looking forward to your review, Ernest.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I totally agree with you guys. Assuming that it is a "quality" release then I shall pick it up asap otherwise will wait a while - I do not believe that it will be released on Blu here in the States. It is great to be region free!

Regards,

Ernest

Supporting Actor
SAhmed I don't know if the Blu-ray of Runaway Train is Region-Free. I won't know until I play the disc in one of my Region-Free players. I will advise the Region-Code when receive the disc.

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Ernest, I really appreciate your follow up but it looks like I wasn't clear in my closing remark. I am fortunate enough to have an Oppo 93 with a region free mod. I had meant that having the ability to play any Blu ray and/or DVD opens up options. Has it is likely that you will get "Runaway Train" before me, please still go ahead and let folks know if the disc itself is region free - if it is, it may encourage region-locked folks to appreciate this great movie!

I currently have Blu Ray versions of "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" and "My Name Is Nobody" on the way from Amazon Germany.

Regards,

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Love this film. And Eric Roberts' Oscar nominated performance was heartbreaking. I want this now.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
The UK blu-ray is being released by Arrow Video and on their webiste for the movie it says: Region 2/B. Here are the extras for the disc:

Special Features:-High Definition transfer of the film prepared by MGM for the Cannes Film Festival premiere-High Definition Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film-Optional English SDH Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing-From Thespian to Fugitive – Star Jon Voight shares his memories of his Academy Award-nominated role-Running on Empty – An Interview with director Andrei Konchalovsky-The Calm Before the Chaos – Co-star Kyle T. Heffner remembers Runaway Train-Booklet featuring new writing on the film and a new interview with Runaway Train’s Production Designer Stephen Marsh conducted by Calum Waddell, illustrated with rare behind-the-scenes production images

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Also this comes as a dual format blu-ray + dvd and i do have a all region dvd player so i might get this and play the dvd for now
and then one day i will have a all region blu-ray player and watch it in high def. This is one of my favorite "train" movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks