What's new

Rumored Spandau Ballet reunion....if the Eagles and VH can do it, why not? (1 Viewer)

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
uh-uh-uh-huh-huh...I hope this much is true.

Actually, I'm fairly indifferent, I just wanted to be the first one to make the obvious quip
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Spandau Ballet weren't one-hit wonders either, even if they were bigger in the UK and Europe than they ever managed in the US. Between "True", "Gold" and "Through The Barricades" that's three reasonably big hits even in the US (they had plenty more in the UK).

I for one would be pleased if they managed to get back together, growing up they were my favourite band and I still listen to their stuff.

The lawsuit years ago wouldn't have helped, but none of them has done particularly well on his own since; Tony embarrasingly won that reality show for failed has-been stars, the Kemps moved into acting, with Martin doing reasonably well, whilst Gary being the songwriter I guess was the most flush anyway with his songwriting royalties (which was the subject matter of the lawsuit), but I don't think any of them are really flush nowadays. Which is always the best motivator for a reunion, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks