Rumor Mill - Suspense (early CBS mystery show) is coming!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Michael Alden, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Michael Alden

Michael Alden Supporting Actor

I can't reveal my sources but I have reliable word that the show has been licensed and is being worked on for a release.

2. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

3. Brian:C

Brian:C Stunt Coordinator

Six seasons and a ton of guest stars. Wonder what the quality of prints are. This series started in 1949 and ran 260 episodes.

Brian

4. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Thanks Michael! I'm not familiar with the series, only the radio show, but a quick check on imdb shows a veritable who's who as among the guest stars (Rathbone, Karloff, Heston, etc.)

Looking forward to hearing more details on this one.

5. docdoowop

docdoowop Second Unit

According to Harry & Wally the 1949-1954 run was live programming, so these would be kinescope-sourced. There was a revival with Sebastian Cabot hosting in 1964.

6. Bert Greene

Bert Greene Second Unit

Wow, I sure hope this pans out. Of all the 'live' series from the early days of tv, "Suspense" is the one I've always been most curious about. I have seen a single episode, but it was a terribly washed out dupe (almost unwatchable, in fact), which really made it impossible to evaluate. If a set comes out, I'd purchase it in a split-second. The old, long-running radio-show version seems extremely popular with the OTR fans, and I suspect they'd be interested in the tv-version as well.