What's new

RPTV Recommendation (1 Viewer)

FrantzM

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

I live outside the USA. We have NTSC and 120/60 HZ VAC. I have DSS and C-Band available. I am very interested in HDTV.
Sources for HDTV are JVC D-VHS Deck Satellite HDTV, C-Band
I do watch a lot of DVD
Must be HDTV
Must have reasonable numbers of input
Audio Quallity NOT IMPORTANT
I will tweak this set so I want a set with a good "tweak history", links, Web sites, etc
It must be reliable; it will be purchased in the USA and shipped here, returning it is an expensive option.
Must be 16:9
At least 61" inch Diagonal, 65 inches preferred
Must have DVI-DHCP
Picture Quality is THE important factor, Bells and whistles such as Integrated HDTV Tuners, PIP not that important
I have heard good things about Mitsubishi, Hitachi and Toshiba. I have found good deals on RCA Sceniums; it does not seem that they are much loved on this forum? Why?

Many questions I hope that will elicit many replies.

Frantz
Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I putin a vote for the Toshiba..I've had 2, the present one, so far so good, lots of consumer tweaking available for this brand. (FYI, the first one was sold to upgrade to a WS set)Mits and Hitachi are both putting out great sets. My advise is research some more, then get down to them stores and look at them. If u'r in a hurry and want to buy now, get one from a place where they have a liberal return policy.

FrantzM

Stunt Coordinator
Eric

I do not live in the USA. So going to the stores is a difficult proposition. At any rate I find it difficult to judge with any objectivity a component in one of the usual retail stores, they are set to produce the most light and the most absurd colors. I understand margins are low on RPTV , thus High-End stores do only carry the most expensive ones. I am on the market for a "regular" RPTV, then it will be tweaked and calibrated to produce the best picture it can, patiently and of course with the help of the collective.

Frantz

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks