What's new

RP-82 false specs (1 Viewer)

Hi, I just bought a RP-82 and I can't seem to be able to find the GAMMA CORRECTION setting mention in the specs on their the Panasonic website. Does the RP-82 have one or is it a misprint from Panasonic.

Also, can someone tell what is the 4:4:4 signal processing and does the RP-82 really have this fonction(it's in the specs on the website but not on the box or in the instruction manuel)

And finaly just to make sure, does the RP-82 equipped with the SAGE/FAROUDJA DCDi chip.

Thank you.

CoreyH

Stunt Coordinator
From what I understand, there is no Gamma Correction option on the 82, and the specs on their website are inaccurate.

It really does have 4:4:4, but is basically not a manually adjustable option.

And yes, it has the S/F DCDi chip.

Hope this helps,

MikeSRC

Second Unit
... and before you ask, the RP-82 does not have the "letterbox zoom and shift" listed either.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
It doesn't have a gamma control per se, but gamma does change when you switch it from Normal to Cinema 1 or Cinema 2 (though not by much).

Gamma is fully adustable on the JVCs, but overall pq isn't quite as good.

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
Would gamma control also include the lighter/darker settings in the setup menu?

MikeSRC

Second Unit

No. The lighter/darker settings are black level settings, which is different than gamma.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks