Royal Pains (USA) Season 2

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Abby_B, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

Thought I'd start this up since second season is coming back to USA on June 3rd! A year later, but I guess not a surprise since it was cable's highest rated new series last year. Most anticipated new cast member - Henry Winkler as Hank & Evan's dad. Looove the casting!

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering where it went, and if it was coming back.

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

This has been a great show so far. It is kind of a mix of Northern Exposure and MacGyver. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Glad to know it's returning. Fun show. More and more the cable shows far outshine the standard network stuff.

5. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    I knew it was coming back. I just wish it had been sooner. Between Royal Pains, Burn Notice and the new Covert Affairs June is looking good.

Very few of my favorite shows are on the major networks anymore. They are either on USA, Bravo or TNT.

6. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    It seems like every show that premieres on USA these days, will become a hit. And they are actually fun to watch!

With no thread for season 1, I figure Royal Pains would be one of those shows that would not get much discussion, other than whether they like it or not.

7. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    My wife & I found this to be some good, lighthearted fun. It has a very "breezy" feel to it, and it's a quick watch. It's really good summer material. :)

8. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

USA's on a roll with their series, that's for sure. This'll be on after Burn Notice, ,so that should definitely make for some good summer viewing.

Yeah, I searched for a thread for this, but couldn't find one surprisingly. I thought it was a nice difference from the other "doctor" shows out there - the setting and premise, especially. Hopefully we'll get some good discussion this time around :)

9. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    A reminder that the new season starts tonight.

To me, this is the start of the summer TV, with the premieres of this and Burn Notice.

10. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Glad Royal Pains made it back, a lot of USA stuff is really pretty good. I think they've got longer timelines and possibly bigger budgets, so a much higher quality show ends up being made.

To bad that Raising the Bar is gone. Not sure what the ratings were but a good show that once again quietly slips away.

11. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    Well, I did not think the father would make an appearance in the 1st episode, as his name was not in the credits at the start of the episode. No surprise on what happened at the end.

I don't normally care for recaps, but I am glad that they did a season 1 recap, as I forgotten some of the storylines going on.

Should be a fun season!

12. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker

I couldn't agree more.

13. Robert A. Willis Jr.

Robert A. Willis Jr. Second Unit

I'm looking forward to the season.

14. NeilO

NeilO Producer

It should be fun.

15. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

Agreed - loved the season premiere, should definitely be another enjoyable season! Missed last night's episode (so don't tell me what happens) but thoughts on Henry Winkler so far??

16. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Quote:

He is playing his part extremely well. I can believe his character. Make sure you get one of the many repeats of last night's episode.

17. Walter C

Walter C Cinematographer

Walter
    Agreed, and I enjoyed the episode, with Chloe O' Brian and the Fonz, even though they did not share any scenes together.

18. Abby_B

Abby_B Supporting Actor

Caught up on the last two eps and really enjoyed both! Agreed that Henry Winkler is doing a pretty great job playing the father - so weird seeing him playing a con man/bad guy but definitely believable. I also like Boris - very mysterious - curious to see what happens with him this season.

19. USANetwork

USANetwork Extra

With new episodes starting in 8 days, it looks like it's time to get this thread going again...

Hey guys. I’m here for USA and wanted to let you know that one of the best shows from last summer, Royal Pains, is coming back with new episodes this winter. The hit show about a “concierge doctor” (and his mischievous brother) working in the Hamptons and interacting with the rich, poor, and generally crazy people that live there will have new episodes starting Thursday January 20th at 9PM. Enjoy an hour vacation to the beach and check it out, and feel free to let us know what you're hoping to see this season!

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It feels weird to have this show on during the winter, it's a more breezy summer show for me. More loopy Jill, please.