What's new

Roy Scheider, RIP (1 Viewer)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
My favorite scene with Roy is in Jaws when he's sitting at the table with his small son, who is imitating every move and expression Roy is making. The back and forth between them seemed almost genuine. Thinking about it now and knowing he has passed brings a tear to my eye. Rest in peace Roy.

ted:r

Second Unit
:frowning:

"All That Jazz" is one of my top ten films of all time...he was so perfect in that role...and had a long line of good performances in good films...my best wishes to his family and friends.

It's sad when we lose the best...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
He's amazing in JAWS. There's quite an acting trio of greats in that film. I was 9 when dad took me to see that and I've never forgotten how it made me feel. Scared to death! Scheider played the father/police chief role exceptionally.

RIP dude. :frowning:

Put me with those who like JAWS 2 as well. I'm glad Scheider agree to do the sequel. Without him it would've been reduced to TV movie of the week level most certainly.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That is as much a Spielberg scene...although Roy made it look like the real thing. A very sweet moment in that film made better since I saw it for the first time with my own dad.

...this is making me tear up a little too. What a bunch of crybabies we are, girls!! :laugh:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:frowning: Sad news. Loved Roy in Jaws, still one of my all time favorite movies.

RIP Chief Brody.

Will be watching Jaws again this weekend.

Brian D H

Second Unit
This comes as a shock. He's one of the few celebrities I've met and he was a genuine, nice guy.

I was 16 years old and in Washington D.C. with a group when we found out they were filming a scene for 2010 in front of the White House. We watched as they set up a bench (which was on blocks to get it to the right height), wrangled pigeons, stopped the traffic on E Street, and filmed a scene with Roy Scheider. It was a typical summer day in D.C. of about 100 degrees with high humidity. Mr. Scheider had to keep changing clothes, but between takes he spent his day laying out on a blanket working on his tan (which rivaled George Hamilton's). He was very gracious to all of us and I did get his autograph on a cap I was wearing that day.

Arthur C. Clarke showed up towards the end of the day and autographed my hat as well.

It's always been a little weird watching that 2010 Whitehouse bench scene, since it always brings me back to that day. Now it will be tinged with sadness.

Jonesy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Geoff

Catch it on the Big Screen if you can. It holds up wonderfully. I saw it last May, and it was one of my top moviegoing experiences of the year.

Sad news indeed.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I watched Marathon Man a couple of weeks ago. His performance elevates the whole flick.

I hope we get an SE of 2010 soon. He's great in that.

RIP, Chief.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
R.I.P. Roy.
No matter what film you were in, your acting always excelled even if the movie was choppy.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Did my tribute last night with a viewing of Jaws, which lead to a marathon of texting quotes from the film back and forth with my friend during the second half of the film. :)

Rest in peace, Mr. Scheider, and thanks for all the great work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks