Roy Scheider, RIP (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I remember him from "Night Game." RIP Roy.

John

troy evans

Screenwriter
Wow. I really don't know what to say. What a great man and actor. I don't ever remember hearing his name dragged through the mud or anything of the kind. That surely is a testament to his character and shows how loved and respected he was. His presence on film was a big part of my life and he will be missed. Rest in peace.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
For whatever reason, I find this rather surprising. Schieder's was something of an icon of the 70s and he'll be missed.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I will always remember him most for All That Jazz, the first R-rated movie I was ever allowed to watch. This is really sad to hear.

Mark Hawley

Second Unit
That's too bad.

I actually watched Jaws I and 2(and a little bit of III) last night so it's a bit eerie to find this out (I was actually planning on adding his screen intro in Jaws in the "main characters introduced from behind thread".

Probably my favorite actor as a boy. I loved the first two Jaws films, Blue Thunder and 2010. He was such a great everyman hero.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just watched marathon man for the first time a few weeks ago.

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Man, his role in Jaws was iconic, and I also loved his work in The French Connection. He was a great presence in a terrific era of American movies, and he'll be missed.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well, there's no bad excuse for watching Jaws. Still have it on my DVR from a UniversalHD broadcast and watching it now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One of the greats who disappeared off the scene only to make occasional reappearances to remind us how much he'd been missed. Rest in Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks