What's new

Rotel 1098: Discreet Programming? (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

Does the Rotel 1098 support discreet selection of audio & video sources by IR remote code? Other options?

I have downloaded and read through the manual, which suggests that inputs are selected by rotating a knob through the available selections. It is not suggested that inputs or other options may be selected discreetly by name.

I ask this because our AMX/Phast system works best with devices that accept discreet commands, so that a brown-out or manual change to a device doesn't throw the automation out of sync. In other words, Phast works best when requesting "INPUT #3" -- not "INPUT,+,+,+."

Perhaps these 'supplemental' IR codes are available to the 1098 but not listed in the manual?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Dave

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
All Rotel products that I've used have been very friendly with respect to programming. If you go onto their site you can download a pronto CCF file that has all the discrete input and power codes you could ever need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks