What's new

Rotel 1066 (1 Viewer)

Kiet_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I am looking to replace my Parasound Pre-Pro with a Rotel 1066. Just wanted to see if any owners of the Rotel 1066 are here and if you can give any advice such as pros/cons that would be greatly appreciated. Also, I would welcome any comments, suggestions, recommendations, alternatives to the Rotel.

Regards,

Kiet_H

Oliver

Stunt Coordinator
The 1066 is being discontinued. The new one 1068 should be available shortly.

Kiet_H

Stunt Coordinator
Do you know what features the new 1068 would have over the 1066? If the features are not much different or important, I think there will be some good deals on the 1066 because of its discontinued..

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Yeah - as of right now - the Rotel 1066 is pretty solid - all earlier serious issues have been addressed.

1) Bandwidth upgraded to 200Mhz for Component transfers
2) Bass Management fix for properly bass handling for hirez audio

The new 1068 has an MSRP of $1700 I believe so there's definitely still more bang/buck w/ the 1066 - especially a used one.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Hi Ernest. ;)

Kiet,

I auditioned the Parasound 2500u and really liked the sound of the 1066 better. To me, it seems like Rotel is a sonics first company. Not that they skimp on features, but sound is where it's at. They also have been extremely dilligent in trying to meet their customer's wants through ongoing firmware upgrades. Over at Club Rotel, they really paid attention to and, in many cases, implimented changes suggested by Rotel owners. As Ernest said, they've pretty much resolved the double-bass issue which plagues a lot of components. As far as I'm concerned, Rotel is a top notch company with over and beyond customer service and responsiveness.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
1066 can probably be had for less than $1,200 U.S. right now. The so-called "double bass'' issue isn't an issue if you're running all small speakers with a sub. I'm extremely pleased with mine. It seems the only new features for the 1068 is the DPLIIx surround format, pure analog passthrough and group delay. Again, if your primary want is a top-notch HT pre/pro, the 1066 is a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks