Rookie Blue Season 1

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mattCR, Jun 26, 2010.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Rookie Blue had it's ABC premiere last week. No thread shows up, so I thought I'd just say finally watched back off the DVR this morning. Not too bad. I like the lead actress a lot (though her name is always Andy, I tend to notice.. wasn't that her character's name in "Reaper" ?

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I've liked Missy Peregrym since I saw her on Black Sash (or something like that about 5 years ago on the WB). And yeah, she was also "Andie" on "Reaper" as well. Weird choice to keep the first name, but hey, whatever.

The first episode was okay, not great, but I doubt it'll gain much traction in its summer run.

3. mattCR

Reviewer

Matt
    Second ep was a decent follow up, but could have been better. The one character is definitely the "evil bitch" role, and she does play it well.. when she pled she had made the grab.. wow.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Doesn't this feel like Grey's Anatomy for rookie cops?

5. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for more of a Third Watch feel, but yeah, Grey's Anatomy is what it is. I wonder how long the cast is expected to be 'rookies'.

6. Mark_B

Mark_B Second Unit

Mark
    I watched the pilot and thought it was ok. The second episode was really bad. Totally unrealistic and soap opera-ish. I don't plan on watching anymore. I got a kick out of the tease at the begining. Something about the "most watched summer show" Give me a break, there had only been 1 episode aired at that point.

7. mattCR

Reviewer

Matt
    The show has kind of grown and is a passable way to spend some time. Just watched it off the DVR. I like the cast, in general, I just think the writing needs to improve. But it has the right elements. Who knows if it will stick around, but compared to ABC's other summer fare, this isn't doing so bad.

8. JimKr

JimKr Stunt Coordinator

After recently renting The Shield, then several months ago The Wire, I couldn't stomach this show for more than 3/4ths of the 1st episode. Unfortunately, I was watching the first episode after I had already recorded several episodes, so, I wasted some CPU cycles as well :)

Luckily the delete key works well!

9. mattCR

Reviewer

Matt
    I'm busy going back through the shield too. Then again, shows like "Rookie Blue" are more "Feel good" cop shows. I have no problem with those either. And, I like me some Missy, so that helps. It's Cop Drama light. And taken for what it is, it's not too bad.

It's renewed for second season.

10. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    I'm quite enjoying the new series (to the UK) Rookie Blue. It's shown on Sunday nights at 10 pm on Universal Channel. It's not always the most demanding of drama shows, but I do like the look of it and the stories on the whole have been good, particularly when they've concentrated on the rookies starting off as police officers. It's kind of like a dramatic version of the Police Academy films.

The one female rookie is annoying though (the actress with the blonde hair), who has to steal the glory from one or more of her workmates.

11. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    Nobody interested in discussing Rookie Blue, now that the first season ended last August on ABC?