What's new

Rome Season II (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Just how much of a badass is Pullo? I was fully expecting him to kill Memmio with his bare hands, but to rip his tongue out with his mouth?!??!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Poor Eirene. As noted earlier, hope Gaia gets her just deserts, perhaps she accidently lets slip to Pullo that she did the deed, and Pullo unleashes a can of whupass on her?

I was somewhat expecting Agrippa to pledge to Octavia that he would try to persuade Octavian to allow them to marry in future, given that historically they ultimately did. Nothing there, although I suppose for now Octavian needs Octavia married to Mark Antony to seal their alliance. Perhaps at the end of it all?

Since this is all historical (or at least it is in part), to what extent are spoilers required when referencing history?

Greg Hoffman

Auditioning

Nope, Agrippa & Octavia never married. Octavian/Augustus "rewarded" Agrippa by marrying him off to his daughter (Julia) by Octavian's first wife, Scribonia. Julia had been previously married and would later become Tiberius's (Livia's son) 2nd wife. She met a bad end. One of Agrippa/Julia's children, Agrippina would marry Germanicus (see below) and was the mother of Caligula.

Octavia's daughter by Mark Anthony, Antonia, would marry N Drusus [Livia's son by an earlier marriage) and produce Claudius and Germanicus. It was Germanicus that married Agrippina. Thus Octivia's grandson and Agrippa's daughter tied together the relationship of Agrippa and Octavia....Are you still following me?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just caught up with everyone else.

Claudius, Tiberius all those names are popping up :emoji_thumbsup:. absolutely loved it.

my fav. line from the last 2 eps that have aired was marc Antony, "now, THAT is an exit!" that totally floored me because of the juxtaposition between the seriousness of the double suicide vs. how lightly he took it.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Oops. For some reason or other I thought they had, from something I read. Must've remembered wrong.

Time to get cracking and watch I Claudius, methinks. And while we're on this Roman roll, I watched the Gladiator EE a few days ago and have been going through the documentaries. All quite fascinating, even if not necessarily historical nor relevant.

mylan

Screenwriter
I know very little about Roman history but we are going to be sad to see this show go. Did I hear the girl that Octavian wants to marry say something about Nero, and didn't he burn Rome?

Real Name
Brian Timmermeister
A few years in Egypt seems to have turned Marc Antony into Keith Richards.

I'd just like to agree with others who have said that season 2 is much better than season 1. It's too bad that there is only one episode left, but it's nice to see a show going out at the top of it's game rather than just tailing off until it has to be cancelled.

Joe S

Second Unit
The last two episodes have really moved along. Will be sad to see it end.

Poor Pullo, he loses his wife, then finds out that (what's her name) poisoned her..., can't blame him for what he did even though she was mortally wounded.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I just hope Vorenus and Pullo come out ok and not at each other's throats. After all, they are on opposite sides of the upcoming conflict. I don't know if there can be such a thing as a happy ending in Rome, but I'd like to see these to characters survive to fight another day.

And no, I don't mean that kind of a "happy ending"

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
:)

Great episode last night. Loved Cleopatras outfit. I said to my G/F youve got to get one of those outfits :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Am I am sure she said "Yes...After YOU get one of those deer outfits so she can shoot an arrow at you." :D

Dan Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody think Vorenus was telling Caesarion about his "real" father Pullo when he was saying he was brave, but ate alot and wasn't a good gambler?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks