What's new

Roman Polanski's TESS Remastered in 4K from Amazon.de (1 Viewer)

bluirv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Irv Haas
Roman Polanski's Tess has been remastered in 4K and is currently available from Amazon.de (Germany) for $12 plus postage.

This transfer is region-free and looks stunning. It's the best I've seen of this title. The audio is dts-HD Master Audio 5.1 in both English and German.

The disc includes 74 minutes of extras including 2 [color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]Laurent Bouzereau documentaries, Tess: The Experience and Filming Tess.[/color]

This title is expected to be released in the U.S. later this year. Amazon.uk has the UK version from a marketplace seller for $74.

But why wait until late 2013?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
This is news? It's been out in France for over six months, maybe more, and it's also out in the UK - all using the same transfer - I believe all are region free but double checking that would be safe.

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
I believe Criterion will be releasing their version of this, too, from the same 4K master.

Vincent

bluirv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Irv Haas
haineshisway said:
This is news? It's been out in France for over six months, maybe more, and it's also out in the UK - all using the same transfer - I believe all are region free but double checking that would be safe.
Amazon.uk has this title from a marketplace seller for $74!

Vahan_Nisanain

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Vahan_Nisanain
The first film Polanski made after he ran away like a little sissy girlie-man. That's what I think about his decision to run away from the law.

I also think it's pathetic of him to dedicate this film to Sharon Tate, when in fact, he cheated on her many times. He did not deserve her. At all.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
IntoIt said:
The first film Polanski made after he ran away like a little sissy girlie-man. That's what I think about his decision to run away from the law.

I also think it's pathetic of him to dedicate this film to Sharon Tate, when in fact, he cheated on her many times. He did not deserve her. At all.
You are of course an expert on the private lives of Polanski and Sharon Tate, and knew them both well. I'm sure you would not debase this forum by repeating malicious Internet gossip without first hand knowledge of the facts.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
IntoIt said:

This thread is to discuss the merits of the man's work...NOT to make moral judgement on his personal life...how would YOU like it if one of us talked like this about YOU online???

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
IntoIt said:

This is probably not the thread to discuss pedophiles, maybe we can start another thread if they allow it, it's interesting to me that he knew Kinski when she was fourteen and then there is the Charlotte Lewis story, if you are going to discuss the director and his work then maybe we should be able to discuss his history away from film and with a point at looking more closely at the work he has done.

I like his films, i don't like him, it's not gossip if you have been convicted of the crime, he has, i don't see how you can possibly sit comfortably with not discussing the person, morals do come into it, okay i'll not say another word now.

Tess is a very good film, transfer should be excellent for this release.

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin
FoxyMulder said:
Tess is a very good film, transfer should be excellent for this release.
Almost anything would be an improvement over the absolutely atrocious Region 1 DVD! (Although I think most of the problems in that were due more to data compression than the actual transfer itself.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
FoxyMulder said:
it's not gossip if you have been convicted of the crime...
There were two topics being discussed though. One is a fact (Polanski entered into a plea agreement) but the other (Polanski's infidelity and whether he should have dedicated a movie to his brutally murdered wife) is gossip and making a judgment about something like that is BS.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
TravisR said:
There were two topics being discussed though. One is a fact (Polanski entered into a plea agreement) but the other (Polanski's infidelity and whether he should have dedicated a movie to his brutally murdered wife) is gossip and making a judgment about something like that is BS.
I have no problem with him dedicating a movie to Sharon Tate, infidelity or not it's his right and actually a respectable thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks