What's new

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (1 Viewer)

Should Rogue One have the usual Star Wars crawl?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
That was definitely an exaggeration on my part; certainly nothing in TFA contradicted I-III and the use of young Obi-Wan's voice was a nice tip of the hat. And actually, a surprising number of artists in the art department were prequel veterans.

I think my reaction was triggered by a) the film's near-slavish devotion to the OT aesthetic, as opposed to developing its own Star Wars-y aesthetic that's as different from ROTJ as TPM was from ANH; and b) the (probably understandable) near-blackout on prequel mentions in the film's publicity and behind the scenes pieces.

I get that. I thought it was a bit odd to show the TIE fighters had reverted back to the flat wings the ships had in the original and had not evolved in looks from the version we saw in Return Of The Jedi.
latest

My favorite by the way!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Was unimpressed with the trailer. Gotta see it on the big screen.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Thats actually different from the Celebration trailer too which surprised me - completely different - even the grace note at the end of Vader is different, though I think its in the same location.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I liked the first trailer better, but maybe it was because it was all discovery at that point. I've always believed a 2-min trailer is about 1 min. too long.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've always believed a 2-min trailer is about 1 min. too long.

Though there have been a few that I've liked, some of the older trailers used to stretch to up to five minutes - I'm usually squirming by the end of one of those when I encounter them as bonus features.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think I am expecting less after seeing the second trailer. Hopefully I am wrong and will be pleasantly surprised, if not blown away.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The visuals just look outstanding. Even if the story is a snoozer and it looks like I'm just watching people play live-action Battlefront, I'll probably be happy. :)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It LOOKS gorgeous. Not sure I'm buying into the characters yet, especially Whitaker, but I really like the production design and the effects look *amazing*.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Ugh. Still no interest. But will see it of course. [emoji6] ( To be fair I do have a little interest).

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It LOOKS gorgeous. Not sure I'm buying into the characters yet, especially Whitaker, but I really like the production design and the effects look *amazing*.
Whitaker's first line in the trailer is where it lost me: "The world is coming undone. Imperial flags reign across the galaxy." First problem: this is a story about planet hopping characters with a galaxy wide perspective, so talking about "the world" threw me. It might play better in the context of the movie. Second problem: The second sentence is a George Lucas level clunker. Flags flap, flags flutter, flags hang. They don't reign.

Then Mon Mothma's line: "A major weapons test is imminent. We need to know how to destroy it." I'm hoping these are two separate pieces of dialog that the trailer shoved together, because you don't destroy a weapons test, you destroy the weapon being tested. Again, inartful wording.

Then a continuing stream of cliched dialog from countless movies for the remainder of the trailer.

But it definitely looks absolutely gorgeous. Since Apple doesn't publicize its downloads anymore, here is a direct link to the 1080p QuickTime version of the trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks