What's new

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (1 Viewer)

Should Rogue One have the usual Star Wars crawl?

• Yes

Votes: 60 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 31.0%

• Total voters

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
How many years between A New Hope and The Force Awakens? Must be 40 years.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Where 34 comes from? That must be between Return of the Jedi and TFA. Not ANH and TFA.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Battle of Yavin was the BC/AD divider for the Star Wars universe:

The Phantom Menace: 32 years BBY
Attack of the Clones: 22 years BBY
Revenge of the Sith: 19 years BBY
A New Hope: 0 years BBY
The Empire Strikes Back: 3 years ABY
Return of the Jedi: 4 years ABY
The Force Awakens: 34 years ABY

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Nice, I didn't know that.

Max Von Sydow is the only character that comes to my mind that can appear in Rogue One year wise.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Nice, I didn't know that.

Max Von Sydow is the only character that comes to my mind that can appear in Rogue One year wise.

We don't know how old Phasma is in TFA. It's certainly possible that she's roughly the same age as Tarkin in ANH. So, it's not impossible for a young Phasma to be in RO

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I swear there is some new character in TFA also in RO....thought it was Phasma, probably dreamed it.
Maybe you're thinking of Rogue One's Saw Gerrera who was also in a few episodes of The Clone Wars. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Saw_Gerrera

Also, Supreme Leader Snoke could be in RO and we wouldn't know it. :) A new theory on Snoke is that he's a character named Gallius Rax from a couple of the novels. Personally, I still think it's someone yet to be seen but Rax does fit in being a former Imperial and being pretty old by the time of The Force Awakens (no apparent Force abilities though). http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gallius_Rax

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Also, Supreme Leader Snoke could be in RO and we wouldn't know it. :) A new theory on Snoke is that he's a character named Gallius Rax from a couple of the novels. Personally, I still think it's someone yet to be seen but Rax does fit in being a former Imperial and being pretty old by the time of The Force Awakens (no apparent Force abilities though). http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gallius_Rax

Andy Serkis has said that Snoke is a brand new character, and is not another character in disguise. Now, it was in a J.J. Abrams movie, and Abrams has intentionally mislead people before (the identity of John Harrison in "Star Trek Into Darkness" being perhaps the biggest example), but I genuinely feel that I have no reason to doubt what Serkis has said.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Andy Serkis has said that Snoke is a brand new character, and is not another character in disguise. Now, it was in a J.J. Abrams movie, and Abrams has intentionally mislead people before (the identity of John Harrison in "Star Trek Into Darkness" being perhaps the biggest example), but I genuinely feel that I have no reason to doubt what Serkis has said.
Just to play devil's advocate, when Serkis played Snoke, it was a new character but if the story group is privy to what is planned for Snoke's eventual identity, they could have started laying the groundwork for his former identity (his two appearances are in a book that came out last September and one that came out last week). All that being said, I don't think it's Rax but I admit that it would be cool if they introduced the character a few years before he'd be revealed to have a huge importance in the saga.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Just to play devil's advocate, when Serkis played Snoke, it was a new character but if the story group is privy to what is planned for Snoke's eventual identity, they could have started laying the groundwork for his former identity (his two appearances are in a book that came out last September and one that came out last week). All that being said, I don't think it's Rax but I admit that it would be cool if they introduced the character a few years before he'd be revealed to have a huge importance in the saga.

Following that train of thought... do you think there's a chance Rey will be the daughter or granddaughter of the lead in Rogue One?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There's a chance but I'm still in the Obi-Wan's granddaughter camp.

I personally will be very upset if she's Obi-Wan's granddaughter. I feel like the current custodians of the Star Wars legacy should feel free to invent anything they want after Return of the Jedi, but I don't want to see them retcon anything from before that period. After six movies plus six seasons of a TV show making it pretty clear that Obi-Wan was a solitary guy, giving him a family now would just be too much for me to be able to accept.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I know who Snoke is, and it's brilliant, but I shan't spoil it for anyone...he's both a new and an old character, so Serkis is right and wrong.

Teasing or you actually know? :)

I don't see how he could be both at once...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I actually know.

it's more fun not knowing. :)

I generally agree. Hopefully along the same lines of thought: One of the things I loved about the trailers for The Force Awakens was how they conveyed the tone and excitement of the movie without actually revealing what the movie was about. I think they did an amazing job with that. I'm hopeful that the team will do a similarly excellent job with Episode VIII's trailers. With Rogue One, we already know how it has to end so it's not quite the same situation.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I know who Snoke is, and it's brilliant, but I shan't spoil it for anyone...he's both a new and an old character, so Serkis is right and wrong.
Impossible! How on earth you know?!

What if Thrawn is Snoke and what if he appears in Rogue One?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks