What's new

Roger Rabbit Vista Series review up............. (1 Viewer)

Sean Aaron

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Aaron
now it appears that Baby Herman "fists" the woman, instead!
Well, that's how I remember it anyway...as long as the complete moment isn't removed I'm cool, but I will be waiting for the R2 version if only because I don't need a 4:3 version of this film on DVD.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
ok I am pissed off that this is the censored version. However I can't resist the temptation of purchasing this film. I can understand removing Eisner's phone number. But the scene with baby herman outside Eddie's office and smacking the nurses ass was classic. :frowning:

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It's about a Rabbit being framed for murder. This movie was not made just for kids. There was no reason to edit it for kids, especially when there are two versions of the movie in this DVD set.
They could have just edited the pan & scan version, and used the original cut for the widescreen version. (When this set was announced a while ago as having two different versions on it, I know I wasn't the only one who thought that that was what the two versions were for.)
There are also parental lock-out controls on DVD players so that parents can keep kids from seeing movies they don't want their kids seeing.
And if they are so paranoid about people pausing during these frames, they can just lock out the pause button. (I posted this idea in another thread about WFRR, and some people said that it would be difficult to do. But since then I have seen other DVDs that have disabled the pause button (and other buttons as well), so I know it can be done.)
So, my main point again was that editing both versions of the movie in the DVD set was not necessary.

Tony_I

Stunt Coordinator
Would someone mind telling me what the original widescreen cav version LD box art looks like?

I've seen two different versions of Who Framed Roger Rabbit in CAV WS, but I don't know which one is the original release...

I believe one has a blue corner in the top right, and the other has a black bar running along the entier top of the box art.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks