What's new

Roger Rabbit Vista Series - known problems? (1 Viewer)

Jean Weitzmann

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Maybe I've missed something that everyone already knows about, but is anyone having playback problems with Disc2 (WideScreen) of the Vista Series edition of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

I'm at my third exchanged copy and I am getting the same problems everytime:
* Picture "freezes" for 1 second (like a bad layer change). This happens at least 3 or 4 times during the movie.
* DTS sound sometimes is not lipsync'ed.

Thanks,
JW

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
As far as the film itself goes, I haven't encountered any problems with either the widescreen or the foolscreen/pan and scam version.

But I do, however, have one particular problem with the disc. It's the interactive game on Disc 2, the one where if you miss a shot, you have to answer a trivia question correctly in order to continue. Has anyone found a solution to this game yet? I can't find a solution anywhere online.

Jean Weitzmann

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks David,
I also have a SONY DVP-S7700 (Region-free, PAL/NTSC) + Cinematrix 720p RGBHV outputs.
It seems that there are quite a few problems with this DVD on SONY 7700 and 9000 players (also on some JVC players, it seems).
I'll try it on my bedroom player (Toshiba SD-6200) to check.

Any word from Buena Vista on a corrected re-release?
The previous thread is almost 1 year old.

JW

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
not just Sony, the widescreen version on disc 2 is unplayable on my Pioneer DV-37.

this happens continually until it turns into big blocks and freezes completely. Joshua Lane's opinion notwithstanding, BV should issue a replacement.

Simon Basso

Stunt Coordinator
Me too on a 7700, just stops at random places, then starts up again, but I've never had a total freeze. I get similar on Disney's Treasure Planet, but always at the same places. Clearly they won't re-issue either disc, but it has made me wary of buying Disney again, these are the only two out of 400 discs that do this.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
That's right! I nearly forgot. I do remember some slight problem with my Pioneer. I think it froze up slightly at the layer change or something, but I was able to get through it. I can't check it out now, but I'll try tomorrow or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks