What's new

Roger Rabbit Animation goofs? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Just noticed a few things while watching the DVD I just picked up. Heh, accidentally popped in the Full Frame version without realizing that there was a widescreen version on the second disc. Thought I'd have to return it for a second and picked up the wrong version again :)..

Anyway,

There's a scene where the Weazels get out of the car in front of the bar area, I beleive. Notice the lead Weazel. If I saw it right, his hand seems to dissapear right through the door rather than go around it.

And the other strange goof, is the 'Dancing Handcuff'. Whenever Eddie and Roger are standing still, the handcuff on Rogers side keeps on moving up and down for no apparent reason..

Anyone spot any others?

Also, this isnt' a goof, or weird mistake, but one question. This is supposed to take place around the 40's IIRC. So, where's the other big animation star of that time, Popeye? Couldn't they get the rights for those characters?

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Roger has finger prints, although that might not be a goof. Look when Roger puts his hand on the dusty chair in Eddie's office.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Popeye was a no show - something about Olive Oyl putting or very large foot down!. They couldn't get rights. It took a long time for Disney and WB to get together on rights as well. Finally, they came up with a plan. Disney got US home video rights while WB got theatrical distribution. They also split production costs. WB promoted the film domestically while Disney did overseas. I believe that Disney also had theatrical distribution in foreign markets.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Popeye was a no show - something about Olive Oyl putting or very large foot down!. They couldn't get rights.
Wait a minute, didn't Betty Boop make an appearance? And she was created by Fleischer Studios, the same company that did Popeye.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Wait a minute, didn't Betty Boop make an appearance? And she was created by Fleischer Studios, the same company that did Popeye.
That's certainly true, but perhaps by the time the film was made the rights to Popeye had changed. Tom and Jerry were the property of MGM and I guess they weren't available - something about a prior commitment I believe.

Pete SE

Agent
Fleicher's Koko The Clown also makes a cameo appearance in the crowd scene at the end.

I believe Popeye was/is owned by the King Newspaper syndicate as he originally appeared in a newspaper cartoon strip.

The Fleicher's had a contract with King to produce the cartoons just like they did with Superman.

King produced some of their own Popeye cartoons for TV in the 60's.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Disney got US home video rights while WB got theatrical distribution. They also split production costs. WB promoted the film domestically while Disney did overseas. I believe that Disney also had theatrical distribution in foreign markets.
I think you're thinking of something else.

WB has loaned characters other studios before, so it's not that big of a deal.

Ironically, Popeye WOULD have appeared in the film if it was more like the book. Remember...the book has comic strip stars instead of cartoon stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks