Roger Rabbit Animation goofs?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DeathStar1, Jul 15, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Just noticed a few things while watching the DVD I just picked up. Heh, accidentally popped in the Full Frame version without realizing that there was a widescreen version on the second disc. Thought I'd have to return it for a second and picked up the wrong version again [​IMG]..

Anyway,

There's a scene where the Weazels get out of the car in front of the bar area, I beleive. Notice the lead Weazel. If I saw it right, his hand seems to dissapear right through the door rather than go around it.

And the other strange goof, is the 'Dancing Handcuff'. Whenever Eddie and Roger are standing still, the handcuff on Rogers side keeps on moving up and down for no apparent reason..

Anyone spot any others?

Also, this isnt' a goof, or weird mistake, but one question. This is supposed to take place around the 40's IIRC. So, where's the other big animation star of that time, Popeye? Couldn't they get the rights for those characters?

2. Jassen M. West

Jassen M. West Supporting Actor

Roger has finger prints, although that might not be a goof. Look when Roger puts his hand on the dusty chair in Eddie's office.

3. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Popeye was a no show - something about Olive Oyl putting or very large foot down!. They couldn't get rights. It took a long time for Disney and WB to get together on rights as well. Finally, they came up with a plan. Disney got US home video rights while WB got theatrical distribution. They also split production costs. WB promoted the film domestically while Disney did overseas. I believe that Disney also had theatrical distribution in foreign markets.

4. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

5. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

6. Pete SE

Pete SE Agent

Fleicher's Koko The Clown also makes a cameo appearance in the crowd scene at the end.

I believe Popeye was/is owned by the King Newspaper syndicate as he originally appeared in a newspaper cartoon strip.

The Fleicher's had a contract with King to produce the cartoons just like they did with Superman.

King produced some of their own Popeye cartoons for TV in the 60's.

7. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart