What's new

Rockstar: INXS (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I totally disagree. Being a bit of an INXS fan I knew the song (Don't Change) very well. I love it. Most non INXS fans that I've spoken to recognized JD's song ("What you need") but didn't have a clue as to what Marty was singing.

"What you need" is a VERY popular mainstream INXS song. Everyone has heard it at least once.

It's not like they didn't really know who they were going to pick. I would be surprised if anyone thinks that INXS didn't have their mind made up before last nights performances...

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Very true; I own their best-of so I know "Don't Change" as well. But it is an important song to our band, INXS, so it's not like they just gave Marty a piece of crap obscure song.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
"Don't Change" (the record and the video) got a lot of airplay when it came out. Maybe some here are too young to remember those days.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This would be a good one...but I don't think you could ever get Eddie and the boys to commit to a two month reality show, let alone stay sober enough to do it.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Maybe. I'm 36 and I know it very well, but I'm an INXS fan. I was around 14 or 15 when it was a bit of a hit. Most people (in my age bracket) that are NOT a fan of the group don't know it. But they definitely know "What you need".
IMHO

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
70/30 negative towards JD is a little high. Plus, we're talking the internet here, where everyone is more than happy to bitch, but generally slow to praise.

I like the move, I think JD has the sex appeal and feel of the music better than Marty (and MiG who I never cared for). The cincher for me was when MiG went Queen, no risk (plus Suzie killed that song, she was great!) and Marty went safe with a song he already sang. What did JD go with? A song that meant something to him, and that he hadn't performed yet.

In terms of the finale INXS song, Marty had done "Don't Change" already, and I believe that JD had already done "What You Need" when he was in the bottom three.

I'm all for a Rockstar: Faith No More -- the band was great, and has gone through 2 official lead singers anyway (and a few unofficial).

Doug

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I'd like to see Rockstar: Stone Temple Pilots and bring in Marty to front the band...He'd be damn near perfect for their catalog.

I think JD was the best fit for their band INXS, but Marty the better overall front man.

I never understood how Mig got as far as he did..He had Broadway show tune written all over him.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I never understood how Mig got as far as he did..

Because he was never in the bottom 3 til the end, so they couldn't get rid of him. Plus being an Aussie didn't hurt.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I still think MiG was INXS' favourite right up until he was in the bottom three and sang 'what you need'. Then his little adrenaline fest kind of freaked OB,INXS out a little bit.
Did you guys see when MiG tried to pull an Incredible Hulk on his shirt and they cut immediately to John Farriss and he kind of recoiled in horror.

todd stone

Screenwriter
i would be sacred if i was a living rockstar. if this show was a huge hit, bands might get a funny idea and 'off' their lead singer lol

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just recently caught up with this show. It was pretty good, but I agree it was too drawn out at the end. A 2-hour final with the four last contestants would have been better.

JD was a good choice IMO, at least stage-wise. He had the most charisma and "rock star" like quality. He also was the one that was closest to Michael Hutchence, but personally I don't know that it's a good thing... :)

I have no idea how Mig got so far, he must have some big fan-club or something voting for him. He was awful, lacked soul, charisma, excitement, originality, edge... it almost seemed like he didn't even like music very much.

"Trees" is stuck in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.