What's new

Rocket Man on DVD (1 Viewer)

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Where is it? I want it. I want it NOW. This is a hilarious underrated comedy, and I'm willing to mount a campaign for its release if it isn't coming out soon!

-Tom

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
When you see it......you'll love it. It's one of those "so-stupid-it's-hilarious-but-doesn't-go-over-the-line-into-too-stupid" movies. And of course Harland IS the film. I want this on DVD! Someone appease me!

-Tom

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
I'd buy this one in a second! That whole space madness scene cracks me up! ...and his interaction with the Monkey... his gastrointestinal distress?
This one even had my wife laughing out loud (no small feat I assure you)!
I'm laughing just thinking about it!:)

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
Very funny movie, I was able to find a laserdisc copy a few years ago so I watch it about every other week. I hope the dvd comes with an outtake reel or some alternate takes with Harland williiams. It is very strange that disney hasn`t released it yet. I thought the same about krippendorfs tribe, but I see that is finally coming out. So maybe theres hope for rocketman!

Kevin Korom

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, I've got the LD, too. I love to torture one of the guys I work with, who loves this movie but doesn't have a LD player. Count both of us as immediate buyers!

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Ahah, I love the part where he's selected to go on the mission and freaks out, stumbling all over the injured astronaut on his way to the podium :emoji_thumbsup:
-Tom

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
One of the most recent Disney movies to not come to DVD at the same time as VHS, since at the time Disney had not yet embraced the DVD format.
RocketMan is one of (I believe) 3 1997 live-action films from Disney that are not yet available on DVD. But it is really a good thing, since the other movies from that time that were released to DVD - George of the Jungle, Air Bud, Air Bud: Golden Receiver all received Pan & Scan only DVD releases. (Flubber was non-anamorphic widescreen.) Disney is now devoted to anamorphic widescreen, so Rocket Man, Jungle 2 Jungle, and That Darn Cat! should all receive that treatment. Also they should have extras, as opposed to what they would have received back in 98 or 99.
Anyhow, Disney is releasing lots of live-action stuff in 2002, finally, but there is still a handful of live-action movies from 1994-1997 that have yet to be released. I'm hoping we'll see some of them before the end of the year...I think it's likely.
The complete list is at my site, if one is interested. I guess it's a good thing they weren't released long ago...but I really would like to see some of the films come to DVD in 16:9, 5.1 with extras...and SOON! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks