What's new

Rock Star: Supernova (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

I am sure she has absolutely no chance to win. They keep her around for the showmanship. To give the show some entertainment. They would not pick her.

By the way, she is from Puerto Rico.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
The show has been getting better the past few weeks. I'm looking forward to it now.

For the first time, I liked that punker guy.

I had the same reaction as Dave when the Australian guy brought out the megaphone. It didn't work for the song at all.

Zayra has to be gone tonight! I mean it this time! :)

~T

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it might be Patrice that gets the boot because she just ain't getting it done (but Jill is sort of clueless about her stage presence as well). Vocally, I just don't think Patrice has much in the tank, there's nothing all that distinctive or powerful about her vocals.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm really enjoying this season of the show. A nice varied array of singers.

I'm still watching my recording of last night's show, but so far it is the best. Odd thing is the Z-monster is beginning to grow on me. I'm actually beginning to admire her ability to keep going even with all the negative comments. She's been awful but she's also been very good at least once (I forgot the song, but she did okay with it). I was glad to hear the band give her specific problems she needs to address: you can't carry a tune, bitch! Seriously, her accent is just getting in the way. She's very game for this thing. And if I got the chance to bang any of the chicks it'd be between her and Storm. I'd probably go with her. Just something about a chick who is so wild and carefree. But Storm really looked hot last night. I felt the band outplayed her in the Queen song. But like they said, tough song for anybody but Freddie to sing. I hope she does get "wild" again like they told her to. I really loved that. Sounds like she did take that as a negative when everybody talked about it before. ???

I like Ryan. He's trying to change it up. I thought his Losing my Religion was terrific! And last night, with that darker version, Tommy Lee said it best "That was weird". :D I liked it though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least Storm didn't butcher the Queen song, but she didn't own it, either. Ryan has slipped it into another singing/performance gear now.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I just watched the rest. The best episode so far I thought. Everybody brought what they had. Top notch. I even liked Patrice...taking into account the toughness of that song. She didn't quite have the voice for it because it needed to be yelled like Lennon does it. Angry song. But it was good...for her. She ain't gonna win. I figure her or the Z monster are going home. My favs must be Lukas (who really went up some notches) and the final dude, the one from OZ showed some great voicework. Lukas has a better overall act than any of them right now IMHO. I hope he wins. Dilana or Storm for the ladies. It'd be awesome if some of the losers decided to form a band or something. Hopefully a few will do some duets before this is over. They did that with INXS and it was cool.

Yeah, Storm did well with that song considering all those up and downs it has. I envy singers with that kind of pitch. And, yep, everyone else better step up their performance side. Supernova has already mentioned that. I believe most are trying.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I thought Lukas was really overpraised last night. It didn't sound good to me. Sure, maybe his showmanship buys him a lot of credit, but just imagine listening to him for 45 minutes on a CD.

Toby - megaphone - everyone's already thinking of J.D. Toby has potential -- I just wish he'd sing a real ROCK song for a change. I've hated his song choices besides "Knocking on Heaven's Door", which worked for the softer side.

Ryan was entertaining. He's jumping around with the charcoal eyes and the fake hair/hood he took off and is still so downright serious and intense it's a bit humorous.

Magni's song was so pretty -- he should get the encore tonight.

Bye Zayra. (Please!)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I didn't mind that megaphone too much. At least it didn't mess up on him and the siren bit on the end worked well with that great song. His vocals were really good though.

I hope the Z-monster remains for a few more weeks. I'm sure she is the source of many "special" dreams for 14-20 year olds. :D

todd stone

Screenwriter
the problem with the megaphone, as dave stated, is it is an over done bit, made famous by scott weilland of STP

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Geez, that was sort of a disappointing elimination show, especially because trainwreck Zayra is still on the show!!!

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Would someone please explain to me what showmanship everyone is talking about Lukas demonstrating? I just don't get it. All I see from him is a weird funky little walk, which is ripped straight out of Scott Weiland's book of bizarre stage moves.

Josh didn't fit so I didn't mind seeing him go, though Z-monster should have gone instead. I thought Jill's performance this week was quite good, but she doesn't fit with them so it was a matter of time.

I hate to say it, because I thought he was a total poser initially, but I think Magni is improving week to week and I wouldn't mind seeing him win this thing.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Yay! Someone finally performed Depeche Mode! But I always pictured Zayra choosing them.

I never liked Josh much, so it's good to see him go. Jill had a few good performances, like with the Heart song, but I didn't care for her.

Z has got to go next week!

~T

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I was disappointed in Magni's encore. It wasn't as good. Lukas still comes off pretty good but I will definately pay better attention to his vocal. His stage act is really good.

Is it just me or did Josh sound like the band that used to play in the Fat Albert Cartoons? I swear I was thinking he'd sound great on "Don't go tellin a lie"!!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's true. But my thought is there isn't that much you can do. He does something interesting at least. Many of the others were just standing there looking bored and they got voted off.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

True...He does seem to actually like the music he's performing and you're right, some of the others who were kicked off and even some left look bored much of the time.

Totally agree with the comment about Magli's encore...he sounded really good in the original, not so great plugged in.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Hearing Loukas's version of Creep made me see just how freakin talented the lead singer of radio head truly is. Man Loukas butchered that song.

Blondie is only sticking around so the guys can have some eye candy ( although she is not a looker to me). She can't sing and is by far the worst stage performer.

Zayra is the best singer and performer on this show.

Everyone else, is only so so and not really something I would listen to or purchase.

Dave Navarro needs to lay off the eye liner and cut his hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks