What's new

Rock Star: Supernova (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I don't know what Matt was thinking -- the guys TOLD him to rock harder and he does DD. He has a decent voice, and I wish Chris had gone instead. While Phil's slurry style where he virtually looks everywhere BUT at the audience is odd and he's bound to leave soon, at least he seems a more decent guy.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Chris deserved to go but Matt gave him a gift. I suspect that Chris will be gone in the next 2 weeks.

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
ok, ok...yeah..."monster behind the drum kit" was a stretch. especially compaired to your list of all time drummers.

Marc L

Stunt Coordinator
btw...i think most of these "rockers" are posers...and as much as i wanted to not like him, Lukas impressed me the most. i hate the whole "fashion rock" thing, but i do enjoy the originality in his voice. to me, nobody else has stood out has having "there own" voice. i think he will be chosen to front the band, and i wouldn't be surprised if he was planted. i always suspected JD was a plant is season one.

has anyone tried the "Rockstar: insert name here" drinking game? every time brooke says "rock" or "rocker", you take a drink. you'll be ripped by the second commercial break!

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Being a musician, I personally know at least 10 vocalists that are better than this group of posers. Is this really the best they could find?

The best vocalist in the house is actually sitting beside them. His name is Butch Walker. They should have just talked Butch into doing the vocals.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D

I'd like to rip Brooke. I'll have to see what pic's come up on google of her.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Lukas reminds me of Boy George.

I am sorry, but no real "rocker" would look like that poser. He belongs in some grunge/punk band. I don't think that he would be a fit unless he changes his appearance.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Caught tonights episode...yeah...not impressed by any of them.

Not one single person on tonights show sang well at all. Now you know there has to be some decent singers out there in the world and this is what they come up with.

Then again, they would be fronting for Tommy Lee....that says it all!

Hank_P

Second Unit

Exactly! And with his "insightful" and constructive suggestions, how could anyone give them what they are looking for.

At one point, didn't TL say something like "..you were kind of 'UMPH' and 'AHHH', so let's see less 'AHHH' and more 'UMPH' " ..and they guy just stood there looking at him. You could read his thoughts ... like "wtf is this guy talking about!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I did like Sayra saying that she was in diapers when most of the guys' stuff was being played, calling them old men as a jab.

Chris needs to go.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I've seen exactly 5 minutes of this show, but I was lucky enough that they included that classic moment. It was:

"I thought it was kinda ho-hum. I loved the ho, but it needed more hum!"

Brilliant! :D

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a big Patrice fan but I'm biased. Being from Austin, I've been a fan of hers (Sister Seven, and Blackbox) for years, + she's gorgeous. I like her own music a lot and don't want to see her front a band like this. Maybe there has been a rocker dream in her head since she was a kid??...but what her and her bands have put out this far IMO suits her best and I hopes she sticks with it. She is my fav of the bunch, but like I said, I'm biased :) Talent way down from the INXS Rockstar.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Toby was the only one who really did well last night (even though I hate the song).

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

While it was obviously a truncated version of the actual conversation, I thought it was a really disrespectful, unfunny comment on her part. If you're serious about fronting this band, surely you know their respective bands -- and any music lover would be familiar with the music of any decade. She seems to just want to do her own thing and doesn't care about meshing with THIS band.

This bunch of performers is just not grabbing me. I imagine Toby will win. I agree with Jason about Phil -- I want to see him plant himself and "crush it", not the loosey goosey stuff Tommy seems to like so much. He has a decent voice and I think he can pull it off, so it's frustrating. He kind of intrigues me, though. (And I'm glad I was wrong thinking he would go last week -- though Matt should have outlasted some of them.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think there's a fine line between being disrespectful and taking a load of crap from a bunch of rockers of yesteryear trying to hold on to their 15 minutes just a little bit longer. I don't mind the banter because the winner is pretty much decided, but the producers will milk this show for the next 3 months regardless of "audience input".

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I think Storm has a lock on the job right now. Patrice, Dilana & Toby have also shown that they have mastery of their 'instruments' and don't have to resort to shouting over the band to effect the 'rock' voice.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I was able to watch the "mansion shows" at work yesterday (since my dial-up at home doesn't cut it). It really makes the whole competition a lot more interesting. I actually started to feel a little sorry for Chris, seeing that he realized he had picked the wrong song with "Roxanne". The new arrangement seemed like a desperate necessity, as there was no way he could sing it the "original" way.

After watching yesterday's elimination show, I had to go back and re-watch some of last year's far superior performers. I almost miss MiG. ;) It's wierd to me how this year's singers act as if they have NO knowledge of last year's show. They act as if they never even saw the mansion on TV.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wouldn't surprise me if most or all of them didn't see any of last year's show. Well...maybe just the Duran Duran guy watched it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks