Rock Star - Please don't ever do this again!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Overduin, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

Okay, this has to be the dumbest movie of the year. If the trailers are any indication at all, the premise and presentation are ridiculous. While I understand that Fall is the time for the more loser-ass flicks to be released, that is no excuse for this kind of rabble. Let the poor box-office take (still astounded that so many people would be taken in by this) and imminent suction out of the top ten next week be a lesson. There are far better movies to made on low budgets, even with Wahlberg, than this.
    There, its almost 0400 hrs on the West Coast and I am in a cranky mood. Now I feel better

2. William G. Lipe

It seems silly to call it the "dumbest movie of the year" when all you've seen is the trailer. Maybe you should reserve judgement until you've seen the film in it's entirety.
    WiGgLe [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My DVD List

3. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

Judging a movie from its trailer - Please don't ever do this again! [​IMG]
    Besides, the serious fall movies doesn't actually begin until weeks from now. Expect a 3-4 week period after Labor Day in which studios release their not-so-serious films.
    ~Edwin
    [Edited last by Edwin Pereyra on September 10, 2001 at 08:15 AM]

4. David Oliver

David Oliver Second Unit

It's amazing you would say the premise is ridiculous when it is "based on a true story". Apparently Judas Preist, years ago, snagged their new lead singer out of a tribute band. I still probably won't see this movie, though.

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

6. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

Holy Smokes! I wrote that?! Call it one of the dumbest threads of the year - geez, I must have really been in a bad mood [​IMG]

7. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

(South Park voice)
    T I M M Y !
    [​IMG]
    Definately a whoops for you, Peter, since it is a true story and which would have been much closer to the actual events had Judas Priest not got cold feet about the film, forcing the change to an imaginary band.
    And dumbest of the year...man, considering things like Tomcats, Driven, and Tomb Raider, you must REALLY hate the trailer.