What's new

Directors Robots! The tournament! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The Iron Giant wins 6 - 1.
Twikki wins 6 - 1.

Round 1 - Bracket 11

R2-D2 vs. Paulie's Robot (Rocky IV)

Round 1 - Bracket 12

Robby (Forbidden Planet) vs. Gort (The Day the Earth Stood Still)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the #$^%#$ matchup Steve

Paulie's Robot

If I can change, you can change. We all can change!!!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Edited.

I am losing, Earthlings. I don't like losing...

Thanks for the #$^%#$ matchup Steve
Sorry! Actually, from here on out the competition is gonna be pretty tough. Methinks poor Paulie is pretty much screwed.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Edited.

Gort's mother was a can opener. Vote for me. Thank you.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Don't recall Paulie's Robot?

I was checking on IMDB and apparently the robot actually has a name Sico, who knew?

Here's a funny summary of his exploits somebody posted in the comments section for Rocky IV:

Early in the movie, the Balboa family is celebrating Paulie's birthday. Thus, like every rich family in America in the 1980s, the only respectable birthday gift for a grumpy, old, single male is a robot: a walking, talking, subservient robot. Now, Stallone realized in writing this movie having a robot replace a hardworking maid would not be a prudent thing to do after writing in the movie. Clearly, the only appropriate solution to this is to create romantic tension between Paulie and the robot. Furthermore, when Rocky, Paulie, and later Adrian go to Siberia to train, the most reasonable option for babysitter is the robot. Quite clearly, the robot was inspired greatly by Rosie of the Jetsons and added the character development that would have been lacking in this movie otherwise.
He forgot to mention that when Rocky Jr. and his friends are watching the Rocky-Drago fight on TV, the robot is also in attendance, mesmerized by the pugilistic display and logging the techniques of the Sweet Science in its database for future use.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
Paulie's Robot (Rocky IV) ko's the R2 stupid D(uh)2 stupid

Gort (The Day the Earth Stood Still) shows Robby peace, rest in peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks