What's new

Robocop (4k Master Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
FYI-- Several Best Buy stores across the country already have this out, despite the 1/21 street date, for $7.99. I have a copy in hand and watched it tonight. I never saw the first BD, but this one looks spectacular. In addition to the 4K remastering, there is also a 43-minute cast and crew Q&A from 2012, as well as the audio commentary and video extras from the MGM 20th Anniversary DVD set. The disc is region-free (I have personally verified that), and contains a plethora of audio and subtitle options. This is the unrated director's cut of the film only.This disc is an absolute steal at $7.99. Bravo to all involved!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just bought it on Amazon for $7.99. Wasn't intending to, but I agree with Sean
that this disc is an absolute steal at this price. Including the link below....

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Weird. I just checked my pre-order, comparing against Ron's link in this thread, and the one I ordered does not say "4K Remaster" but has the same 1/21 release date, yet has a $13.99 price (and is now $17.99). To be safe, I canceled my pre-order and re-ordered using Ron's link.

For reference, here is a link to the title I canceled, in case anyone else out there pre-ordered awhile ago.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GST8M66/ref=pe_635370_%2088603980_n_id

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Scott,

Thanks for the clarification.

Let me offer apologies. That was the very first link to appear on Amazon when the title surfaced.

So, anyone that preordered using the original link should take Scott's lead and cancel then re-order using the link above.

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
D'oh! Yes, forgot to mention that Amazon had also price matched Best Buy. Though the former is sticking to the street date, it seems.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
McCrutchy said:
FYI-- Several Best Buy stores across the country already have this out, despite the 1/21 street date, for $7.99.
Yeah, it's part of an endcap with other MGM titles at the Best Buy near me. I would imagine that most BBs will have it out early since it's an endcap.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Am I correct in my understanding that prior to this release, and excluding the never-released 2006 Sony Blu-ray, there has been only one previous release of Robocop on Blu-ray? And that that release included only the director's cut of the film with no special features, making this new release a strict improvement on all fronts?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
...and to piggy-back on cafink's post...

Is this new 4k remaster strictly the Director's Cut (which I prefer), original or both?

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
cafink said:
Am I correct in my understanding that prior to this release, and excluding the never-released 2006 Sony Blu-ray, there has been only one previous release of Robocop on Blu-ray? And that that release included only the director's cut of the film with no special features, making this new release a strict improvement on all fronts?
Yes, on all fronts. Prior to this specific disc becoming available, the only version of RoboCop available on Blu-ray worldwide was the 2007 BD of the Director's Cut, which had no extras other than a trailer.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Just picked this up and am thoroughly confused.
Where is the information that this is a "Remastered for 4k" title?
Because it certainly doesn't mention it on the box art.

McCrutchy

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
Doug Schiller said:
Just picked this up and am thoroughly confused.
Where is the information that this is a "Remastered for 4k" title?
Because it certainly doesn't mention it on the box art.
The back cover says "newly remastered", and I believe it was Fox that confirmed it was done at 4K resolution.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The price is now up $10, $4 above where it had been for some time. I wonder which is the pricing error, $7.99 or $17.99?

It looks there's more than one Amazon listing for the title. The one linked to in the first post is showing as $17.99, while another with cover art is still at $7.99.

Doug, did you mean you already got a physical copy of the release? Or were you just referencing the online cover art?

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I found a copy at my closest Best Buy (La Mesa, CA). It was on the top shelf of an end cap of $7.99 titles. Scanned at the register for $7.99. SWEET!

BTW, it was the last copy on the shelf. Unless they've got more in the back or on display elsewhere in the store, the La Mesa Best Buy is out.

I'm working on some screen grabs now.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks