What's new

Robin Hood, Sierra Madre, Yankee Doodle Dandy - 2 Disc Specs (2 Viewers)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Boxset for me too. Man this is gonna be one heck of an expensive couple of months, September/November... :D

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
OMG!!! This is simply incredible news!! Robin Hood? Sierra Madre? YANKEE DOODLE DANDY?!?!?!?!??!

I... I just had one!

Thank you Warners!!

SteveP

Second Unit
The GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOR documentary is a Turner Classic Movies production from about two years ago.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
all the extras are cool, but I've found that trailers only show you what you DONT have on dvd.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Ron, you'll absolutely flip for Treasure of the Sierra Madre. It knocked me off my seat when I first saw it on cable years ago -- as Bogart goes, there are few films quite so raw and vital (given that WB is bringing us a restored Casablanca on August 5th, fans of the actor -- I should say the actor -- have much to celebrate). John Huston is one of those rare directors, throughout his career, who really puts it on the line, emotionally, for his characters: there's an honest, bruised, human heart in all of his work I've seen, and it's the mark of a great storyteller.

The Adventures of Robin Hood should prove a great, glittering treat of a package. Of the three films, I've yet to see Yankee Doodle Dandy, but my admiration for James Cagney knows few bounds, and the picture's reputation more than precedes it. September is yet another in extraordinary release months this year, with Sleeping Beauty, the first season of The Dick Van Dyke Show, season two of the original The Outer Limits, and (reportedly -- we'll know this coming week as Image announces its September line-up) Milestone's elaborate, definitive special edition of Lon Chaney's The Phantom of the Opera arriving early in the month, and these three WB titans at month's end.

I agree with Joe -- it's always a little sobering to realize (or to be reminded) just how many great classics remain in the vaults, but on that note, AOL users, don't forget to take part in the WB poll ending on Monday, July 1st (AOL keyword: DVD Decision). A number of great classics are on the horizon, and AOL and WB's want to know which you'd like to see first. :emoji_thumbsup:

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
You know, I've never seen any of these movies (Shame on me, definitely), but I've heard many good things about the 3.

Come September 30th, I'm taking the plunge and purchasing the box set with the 3 movies and the personal favorite documentary "Here's Looking At You, Warner Brothers". I'll educate myself in the ways of classic film and get a shitload of extras as icing.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Glad to see WB reviving the "Night At The Movies" line they once had on VHS. Don't believe that? Go in a mom-and-pop video store that's been operating since the early 80s and you'll find it.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Excellent, I've been waiting to see what features would be included and am very pleased. I'll be getting all 3. I've been waiting for Sierra Madre and Yankee Doodle Dandy since I got into the format and it will be great to own Robin Hood as well.

Now how about for next year a Cagney box set, more Busby Berkeley, Meet Me In St. Louis, The Bandwagon, and Out Of The Past?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
of the 3 that will be released I have only seen Robin Hood many times, great to know that a music only track will be there as well.

I have not seen Treasure or Yankee, so I will be in for a treat and superb extras as well.

Thanks Warner

:emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oh, Oscar, you're in for a treat. Yankee Doodle Dandy is a fantastic film, with a performance by Cagney that is very different from his most modernly-popular roles.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD is one of my all time favorite films. The DVD looks like it's going to be packed, and more importantly, that the film is going to look glorious. I can't wait to own this(and YANKEE DOODLE DANDY!).

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Robin Hood & TOTSM :emoji_thumbsup:

The specs sound fantastic.

Here's hoping Kong gets the same treatment next year.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
GREAT NEWS INDEED!!!:emoji_thumbsup: . I was hoping to be getting some news about all three this year. The specs live up to the expectation :) . Let's hope reality matches and that the three title set gets a proper level of discounting ;) . Anyone heard anything about Bringin Up Baby? I had heard this title in the same breath with these three...

Joel

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, Yankee Doodle Dandy, and The Devil and Daniel Webster all in one month. September 2003 is now my pick for greatest month for DVD. :D:emoji_thumbsup:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Bringing Up Baby in this same lavish 2-disc treatment would be a dream come true.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks