What's new

Robert Altman's Short Cuts: Criterion Collection (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Tell me about it. A Criterion Short Cuts is something I always hoped for, but never thought would actually come to pass.

Good on New Line for licensing out some of their artier back catalogue (apparently, in addition to the titles mentioned here, My Own Private Idaho is also coming out as part of this same deal in the near future).

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Just finished watching the feature, which has been handled with Criterion's usual skill. Not sure when I'll have time to get to the extras, but it's something to look forward to.

M.

Ike

Screenwriter
Amazon is taking their sweet time in sending this out to me, so I have a question regarding the Short Cuts collected stories reprint included. Is this the same paperback that Amazon is selling? The pictures on DVD Beaver show different covers, and I don't quite get how a 160 page book could be crammed into a DVD case with ease. But if it is, that's one of the better Criterion features I've seen in a while.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I can't vouch for it being the same book, but it does have 160 pages (the last three being unnumbered). That's thinner than a standard DVD case, and with the two discs in a digipak, it all fits into slip case about the thickness of a double amaray.

M.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Am I the only one baffled at the almost total lack of reviews for this title? I'd always thought this was a pretty major back-catalogue title lots had been waiting for, and yet the only two reviews I've seen have been at DVDBeaver and DVD Movie Central. What's the problem here? Are Criterion not sending out screeners or something?

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Jon,

I can't speak for the other reviewers, but I only received my screener yesterday. Lately, Criterion has been exceptionally slow at sending out screeners. And, to add to that, they are one of the few companies to still use regular mail service - rather than a courier service, like the majority of other studios.

I hope to have it posted within the next couple of days.

Herb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks