"Rob" on CBS

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Hanson, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    I basically sleptwalked through the pilot, which was as unfunny and uninspiring and flat out dumb as you would expect from the new Rob Schneider series. However my jaw dropped during the middle of the episode when they went with a protracted physical bit about geriatric rape. It's the kind of thing I could see from another era, like a 30's era farce, but in this day and age, it was eye opening that they went there. If this were some other, edgier comedy I would have laughed, but for an 8:30 idiot sitcom on CBS, I was more bemused than amused.

BTW, Rob's wife is so hot that it's a whole new level of fat guy/hot wife incongruity.

2. ChristopherG

ChristopherG Screenwriter

Chris
    I agree with this being a snoozer, however I actually expected better. Not sure that I saw a "rape" scene - I get which one you are talking about, but I think referring to it as geriatric rape is a bit overboard.

Not going back for a second episode though....

3. David Hobbes

David Hobbes Stunt Coordinator

it so pisses me off that CBS keeps bumping "Rules of Engagement" for crap like ROb...

4. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Well opinions and all I put Rules in the crapper and would rather watch Rob, but that isn't really saying much.

5. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Rules of Engagement is really pretty good, just wish they'd dump David Spade. He's an obnoxious jerk whose only acting ability is obnoxious jerk. Haven't seen Rob, nor do I intend to. Looked like trash from the moment I saw the promos. Normally don't pass judgment on things I haven't seen, but this seems horrible and doomed for a quick cancellation.

6. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    To me, shows like 'Rules of Engagement' and 'Rob' are one in the same. I haven't seen 'Rob', and I'm sure I never will. I would even put ratings grabbers like 'Two and a Half Men' and 'Big Bang Theory' in that category. Pretty much any network "sitcom".

7. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Rules of Engagement is just mindless fun, half the time I'm cooking dinner or paying bills while it's on. Big Bang Theory is hilarious, maybe since I;m a moderate nerd myself. No comment on Rob since I can't stand the main characters they've shown in commercials, so will never be watching. Hightly agree with you over Two and a Half Men, don't think I've seen it in years, except for the infamous Aston Kutcfher debut, which further turned me offf to the show. Not sure how true, but I read he makes $750,000 per episode do to what? He has no talent, not good looking, just one of those people who somehow showed up at the right time and place and got hired for something.. Like so many other shows, it's the seondary players like the Mother and Berta that steal the show. The main actors are worthless. Not sure what Demi Moore's current problems are, but they're bound to get better with Kutcher out of the picture.

8. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I watched some of Rob last night waiting for POI to come on and it's awful, just a stupid premise and awful jokes.

9. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Pardon my ignorance but what is POI? The starchy slop from Hawaii or something else.

10. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

Person of Interest