Road Warrior question

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Carlos_E, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys. I have seen this movie many times before. I have a question about the character played by the actor Vernon Wells. He is the crazy guy with the mohawk. According to the Internet Movie Database, the name of the character in the movie is Wez. I cannot remember where in the movie he is referred to by that name. Where in the movie is he called Wez and by whom?

2. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

He's called that by the Toady, just before the Toady is blown up by the Road Warrior's booby trapped gas tanks.

3. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

"The tanks are full, O mighty Wez, and it's all yours."

4. Mark Hawley

Mark Hawley Second Unit

Gotta say I love your signature still. And a perfect example of why Pan & Scan sucks!

5. JOhn Aldermen

JOhn Aldermen Auditioning

The Lord Humungous also used his name when Wez's "boyfriend" got killed by the boomerang. Wez flipped out and you could hear Humungous calling his name as he threw the boomerang back.

6. Don Solosan

Don Solosan Supporting Actor

Wez's "boyfriend"

Vernon Wells was at a screening of Road Warrior I was at, and addressed this point. It seems that Miller shot a scene of Wez picking up some stray child and raising him as his own (I forget the details). Obviously it didn't make the cut. But that's not his boyfriend, it's his "son."

For what it's worth...

7. JOhn Aldermen

JOhn Aldermen Auditioning

I would love more info on the situation with Miller and this cut scene. I love to know these details, especially about WEZ! Makes the movie more interesting. Any idea on where to find this cut footage or details on it, please reply to this post.
    Thanks, John