What's new

Road to Rio/Road to Bali; Did they ever make their way out on Blu-Ray? (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
This HD-DVD release from a few years ago looked pretty nice. Did it ever find its out on the competing and ultimately victorious format?

Tempted to track down a HD-DVD Xbox 360 drive just for this.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Well "The Alamo" may well be lost, but is there any way in 2014 that a studio can figure out some way to put out a dvd boxset of all of the Road movies? Is there no Hope (or Crosby) left for any of us?

Could an enterprising studio license all the titles and have it all ready for say, this Christmas? They repackage "White Christmas" every year and there's a new Bob Hope dvd boxset coming out soon so there is a market for these movies -- and for God's sake it's only 6 or 7 movies, what kind of logistics could possibly hold up such a set being finally sent out worldwide?

Are relations between Paramount (or Universal?) and MGM be that bad to keep these movies away from each other for 50-60 years?

Lets hope all Roads lead into one nice boxset, one day -- a request for bluray versions of these movies would be truly tempting fate, lets just go with the dvds and be thankful for that!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd love to see a box set with them all. Especially if they were all remastered and on Blu-Ray.

I've been researching what's available from Hollywood's Golden Era on Blu-Ray the past few evenings using Blu-Ray.com as my guide. I didn't realize that the situation was as bleak as it was. Most of what I found were releases I was already aware of without even trying thanks to things like advertisements for the TCM shop.

I figured that releases such as 'The Bishop's Wife' were just the tip of the iceberg on this format by this point. Instead, it seems like even the greatest actors from these decades are lucky if 2 or 3 of their films are present on Blu-Ray with many greats like 'Going My Way' noticeably absent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks