RIP Andy Whitfield (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Star of the first run of "Spartacus".

He really dominated that role and absolutely filled that part; especially in the back half of the season. He'll be missed.

Very young for his loss.

Andy Whitfield -- who left the show "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" after he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin Lymphoma -- died today in Sydney, Australia. He was 39.

Whitfield's wife issued a statement, saying her husband died on a "sunny Sydney morning" in the "arms of his loving wife."
http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/11/andy-whitfield-dead-dies-spartacus-lymphoma/#comments-anchor

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This is very upsetting. If not for his cancer, he would have been a major star. He was absolutely brilliant as Spartacus and nothing but big things were ahead of him. I'm not saying that's the most important thing, as his family life was obviously very important to him and his loved ones will miss him for a lot more than his acting career. But, he had a charisma about him and was about as far from the wussified Hollywood male as you could get. Really, really hate to hear this. It should also be noted that he was exceedingly generous towards the actor filling the role, giving him as many tips and pointers as he could.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
He gave us such a wonderful performance in Spartacus its shame illness has cut him down at such a young age.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Very sad to read this and mourn his loss, both artisically and for his friends and family. We're all the poorer for his demise.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Cancer is such a terrible disease, the show starters as my wife was battling the Disease, she died shortly after Andy announced his illness, rip Andy

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've read your posts about your wife before, and if I've neglected to do so before, I offer my condolences. My grandmother died from the disease 21 years ago, and we have a member at the HTF battling cancer right now. Hopefully, within a hundred years' time, it will just be a memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks