What's new

Richard Burton on bluray (1 Viewer)

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
It would be nice to see more of Burton's films on blu.---EQUUS---NIGHT OF THE IQUANA---WHOS AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Prince of Players, The Spy Wo Came In From The Cold, Anne of the Thousand Days, Alexander the Great would also be welcome.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I think Alexander the Great is out in Europe, isn't it? Still, it would be nice to see it in Zone A.

Here's hoping we see Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? on Blu-ray this year for WB's 90th Anniversary.

I wonder if Twilight Time will get The Taming of the Shrew? I hope so!

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Richard Burton gave the definitive interpretation of Jimmy Porter LOOK BACK IN ANGER (WB, 1958). Adapted by Nigel Kneale of "Quatermass" fame from the John Osborne play that defined the "angry young man" phase of British drama. Fine writing, fine film by Tony Richardson. Let's see it on blu-ray.

LookBackInAnger-1958-half_zps65aa918b.jpg

LookBackInAnger-1958.jpg

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, please Criterion!

Of course, Cleopatra comes out later this month. I'd also like to see Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and The Taming of the Shrew on BD.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Al Schweiger said:
I want "Boom" on DVD or Blu-ray! Even though critics hated it, I loved that film!
Boom! Is available in the UK if you have a multi-region player.
And for anyone interested in seeing Mr Burton on the big screen, CLEOPATRA will get a 50th anniversary re-release on May 22nd! I'm so glad Fox is doing this...I'll finally get to see my favourite film on the big screen!

Al Schweiger

Auditioning
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (The Criterion Collection) (1965) is available at Amazon (USA) at $32.93. I hope this information was of any help!

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
Al Schweiger said:
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold (The Criterion Collection) (1965) is available at Amazon (USA) at $32.93. I hope this information was of any help!
Not on Blu-ray, unfortunately.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'd forgotten that Criterion did a DVD of THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COLD, as I have the Paramount DVD. Maybe there's hope for a Blu of this title from Criterion.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
When I reviewed the Criterion DVD, I did an A/B comparison between the two transfers, and they were different with Criterion's being slightly more desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks