What's new

Rhino: Transformers Boxed Sets suggestions (1 Viewer)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I sent an e-mail to Rhino with some suggestions on their upcoming Transformers TV series boxed sets. Below is what I wrote to them, in case anyone else has any other suggestions for them.
I read that you will be releasing boxed sets of "The Transformers" tv series. Here are some features that I would like to see in "The Transformers" series DVD boxed sets:
For each episode:
- The original English language Audio Track. (If sound is remastered to a 5.1 soundtrack, also include the original audio track.)
- Japanese language version audio track.
- Music only audio track. (I read somewhere that the Japanese boxed sets have this feature.)
- Commentary audio track. (From anyone involved with the show: writers, directors, actors, etc.)
- English and Japanese subtitles
- The original "bumpers" between commercials.
Extras:
- Transformers Toy commercials.
- Japanese "Scramble City" OVA, with English subtitles. (Don't bother with an English audio track for this unless you can get the original TF voice actors to reprise their roles.)
- "Transformers: The Movie" promotional reel. (The one that has animation that was not in the movie)
- A CD of the background music from the show.
- Storyboards, Character Sketches, scripts. (These could be DVD-ROM features)
- Any deleted scenes or lost footage that may exist.
- The Japanese version opening and ending credits
If you want to get more feedback from others, you should post a message at http://www.hometheaterforum.com/
Thanks,
Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yes! PLEASE no more Rhinophonic sound!

My friend has the Japanese LD, and the Japanese voices, while well acted all have the "Megatron grate" added to them, and it's kind-of annoying. It's a tough call on the OSL of Transformers, considering it's a co-production animated in Japan and inteded to air in both countries simultaneously. I'm going to give the edge to the English, since the US sponsored the project

Japanese "Scramble City" OVA, with English subtitles. (Don't bother with an English audio track for this unless you can get the original TF voice actors to reprise their roles.)
Considering that some of the VAs are dead, and the expense of dubbing, I'm going to say nay to dubbing Scramble City

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.