What's new

Revolution season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
I liked the new map of North America, with the land divided up among the Monroe Republic, the Georgia Federation, the Plains Nation, the California Commonwealth, Wasteland, and (naturally) Texas. :D

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Dave Ringkor /t/320702/revolution-season-1-thread/120#post_3989902
I liked the new map of North America, with the land divided up among the Monroe Republic, the Georgia Federation, the Plains Nation, the California Commonwealth, Wasteland, and (naturally) Texas.

The map was honestly the best part of the episode. I wish we knew a little bit more about the rest of the World. Post-apocalyptic shows always forget about Canada!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm pretty sure Nora said they couldn't use electronic timers on the bomb, so that wasn't a hint at a more expansive problem. Since I am not invested in Danny at all, I was rooting for the log to explode. Also, I knew "Nate" was Jason when Miles was talking prisoner exchange with Gus. If this is really the hard world it's supposed to be, they should have killed Jason long ago. Then again, Miles knew who he was all along, I guess.
This is better than recent genre fare like Flashforward, The Event, and whatever that dinosaur show was, but it's far from great. I'm not sure they're even trying on the fifteen year jump, because everyone looks pretty much the same. Maybe they spent all those years in Storybrooke.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
I'm pretty sure Nora said they couldn't use electronic timers on the bomb, so that wasn't a hint at a more expansive problem.
She said that electronic timers obviously don't work AND fuses were no longer reliable. Obviously they still have fire, but it sounds like combustion might be marginally affected.
EDIT: The map of North America in the age of the feudal warlord, as seen in Monday's episode:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Josh Dial said:
The map was honestly the best part of the episode.  I wish we knew a little bit more about the rest of the World.  Post-apocalyptic shows always forget about Canada!
Post apocalypse, there is no Canada!
This episode was much better than the last (which left no bored and annoyed). However, I didn't understand the plan to send Charlie after Danny...and presumably Neville. It was doomed. She was better equipped to handle the bomb. It was willfully bad plotting by the writers to create tension.
S, I'm finding the show to be skewing more towards Terra Nova than Lost in quality and intrigue. It's fun, but something I catch up on email and web while watching.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Just started watching the last episode. When they got to Noblesville,there was a steam engine. Noblesville actually is the home of The Indiana Transportation Museum, a train museum with a working steam engine along with a bunch of other restored old time trains and cars. A believable tie in to the show. I guess some of the writers are from around here.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed it. I've always thought sadistic psychos would thrive in civilization-ending circumstances. The reveal of what happened to the Google guy's wife was a genuine surprise.
It looks like next week we find out what caused the blackout.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Lenhardt said:
The reveal of what happened to the Google guy's wife was a genuine surprise..
Sorry, in case some haven't caught up, I marking this as a spoiler.
Based on what we saw, we might see Google guy's wife again (unless I missed something). If she does re-appear, I hope it isn't just so she can die in front of him - that would be cheap.
David

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Judging by the last few seconds on Monday's episode, we now know how the lights went out and why they haven't come back on. What's left to discover is the why: why would anyone do this to the world?
Say what you will about the show, but every episode's moved the macro-plot forward in some way.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great final beat for last night's episode. The kids' mother is one ruthless creature.
I do wonder why NBC is putting their only hit on a four-month hiatus. They do this every time with their serialized shows, and it seems to kill them every time.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/320702/revolution-season-1-thread/150#post_4003872
Great final beat for last night's episode. The kids' mother is one ruthless creature.
I do wonder why NBC is putting their only hit on a four-month hiatus. They do this every time with their serialized shows, and it seems to kill them every time.

I had the same thought. Super long haitus for too many people is basically the same as cancelled, so they forget about it and don't return.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, that's the second time someone has killed their potential replacement to stay alive in service to Giancarlo Esposito. LOL.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I found the conceit of running out of oxygen (in a vast tunnel whose ending was a bullet-hole riddled door) in order to give us dream sequences to be very annoying, and pushed me out of the episode. Which was unfortunate because the plot progression was good. And the ending was chilling, with mom having no limits to protect herself and her son.
Four month hiatus? Ugh. Letting go of a long story for that long always makes it hard for me to get back into it and remember where I was.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure they'll help the audience remember not only schedule but story, just as they would going from one season to the next. This is a planned hiatus, not a, "This show isn't doing well, so let's pull it and run it out at some unknown future date."
As for the Oxygen, that bothered me as well, but I will say this... if the rate of oxygen depletion is faster than the flow of oxygen, you can run out. They had several people plus fire (which uses oxygen to burn). So while I still think they wouldn't have suffered from oxygen deprivation, it's close enough to fall into artistic license. Also, hallucinations of that sort would be more like foggy conjectures, not lucid dreams. But again, artistic license.
A show that a lot of people think is "decent" often does better than a show that some people feel is great, but most others don't watch at all. That might explain the ratings. But it's hardly a great show, IMO.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The oxygen thing was beyond ridiculous - it's not like they were in a tiny confined space, were in there for days or it was hermetically sealed. This series is okay, but I'm not sure it has much rewatch value.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco /t/320702/revolution-season-1-thread/150#post_4004596
I'm sure they'll help the audience remember not only schedule but story, just as they would going from one season to the next. This is a planned hiatus, not a, "This show isn't doing well, so let's pull it and run it out at some unknown future date."
I'm sure they will. But I also know that taking a four month break in the middle of a long-arc show is difficult. "Lost" would take its 6 week hiatus, and I'd be struggling to remember where we were mid season, even with the "Previously..." I have no doubt that four months after the break, I'll be wondering if I want to exert the effort to keep watching Revolution, or if I should find a new show. Forcibly breaking a story mid-flow always risks losing audience. For me, it's much worse than the traditional season break over summer. I'm trained for that.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Ok I have missed a couple of episodes but was a right all along that they are going with the pendants as a power source concept?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Patrick_S said:
Ok I have missed a couple of episodes but was a right all along that they are going with the pendants as a power source concept?
My understanding is that it's the exact opposite: There's a massive underground machine somewhere interfering with the laws of physics and preventing devices dependent on electricity from operating. The pendants nullify whatever the machine does within a certain range, returning the laws of physics to normal within that bubble for a certain amount of time. So far, we've only seen battery-powered or generator-operated devices work as a result of the pendants.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks