What's new

Revolution season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Patrick_S /t/320702/revolution-premieres-9-17-2012-on-nbc/90#post_3979168
I have just got to get me one of the flash drive amulet thingies.
How ridiculous could they get? That little thing generates enough energy to power a light, a computer and some sort of satellite or wireless transmitter? On top of that it has been able to storm that kind of energy for 15 years? Please
Localized reprogramming of The Matrix so electricity works in immediate area.

Beams a code to Alien Overlords to defeat physics-damping beam in a 10' radius.

Makes the horse wakeup from dream, and things get back to normal.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
2nd episode was much better. Not out of the woods yet - pun intended - but a step in the right direction.
If the mystery man Randall turns out to be Randall Flagg there will be much embarrassing squeeing on my part. :eek:

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by EricSchulz /t/320702/revolution-premieres-9-17-2012-on-nbc/90#post_3979782
I'm already annoyed with Charlie and her "tough bitch" attitude.
THIS!!! "No! you can't kill the bad man chasing us trying to kill us." "He is treating those people [criminals] like slaves" so I'm going to kill him. Huh? And what's up with her dad not defending the family? You just threatened my daughter and are stealing the food my family needs to survive and I'm not even going to defend them with the gun I am pointing at you......

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
The show is so random it's unwatchable. Cheesy sword fights intercut with an incredibly unconvincing struggle between Charlie and a paramilitary soldier over a rifle. And they keep cutting back to her -- shouldn't she be dead already? The dude has 40 pounds on her. Why is he just sitting on top of her? Just kill her and get this show over with.

Dialog and performance range from bland to just awful (excepting the marvelous Giancarlo Esposito, natch). And then there was that plodding slowness that overshadowed everything. This pacing is like molasses and there are now too many storylines to keep track of (the one with the fat guy and English woman is now its own splinter storyline and Elizabeth what'sherface was just thrown in at the end in addition to the various stuff already happening including the flashback scenes). The show is becoming incoherent and unfocused already, which is a very bad sign for upcoming episodes. At this rate, there will be multiple flashback storylines too add to the burgeoning nonsense.

I cannot remove this from my DVR fast enough.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If I took a drink every time they filled screen time with a "random" sword fight, I'd be really drunk when the episode was over.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Hanson /t/320702/revolution-premieres-9-17-2012-on-nbc/90#post_3980270
And then there was that plodding slowness that overshadowed everything. This pacing is like molasses and there are now too many storylines to keep track of (the one with the fat guy and English woman is now its own splinter storyline and Elizabeth what'sherface was just thrown in at the end in addition to the various stuff already happening including the flashback scenes).
I am hoping that they join back up with Charlie and her uncle in the next episode.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The more I think about this the more it makes absolutely no f-ing sense. If they do have some sort of device that stops power, how would it be everywhere? Wouldn't their be weak spots? And when they passed by the train I kept thinking: so we stopped figuring out steam power?
In fact, if all electricity just totally stopped, wouldn't their be absolute nuclear meltdown at tons of facilities?

I just.. I can't make heads or tales out of the concept

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad they revealed that the mother was still alive right away. With the recasting, we knew there was more to her character than met the eye so I'm glad they didn't beat around the bush about it.
Is Charlie irritating to the extreme? Yes. But it makes sense given her isolated upbringing with the father that's too noble to take the shot.
And is it just me, or is this electricity-free future populated by nothing but implausibly attractive women?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /t/320702/revolution-premieres-9-17-2012-on-nbc/90#post_3980532
I'm glad they revealed that the mother was still alive right away. With the recasting, we knew there was more to her character than met the eye so I'm glad they didn't beat around the bush about it.
Is Charlie irritating to the extreme? Yes. But it makes sense given her isolated upbringing with the father that's too noble to take the shot.
And is it just me, or is this electricity-free future populated by nothing but implausibly attractive women?

Yeah, wouldn't you think in 15 years with no electricity (which means no mass production of anything) that you know, dental work and basic hygiene would suffer greatly? Just saying.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Lenhardt said:
Yes, but I don't see the problem. :)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
Wasn't Randall Flagg from "The Stand?"
Yes, he was the "evil" character from "The Stand", which this show immediately reminded me of, maybe that's why they used the name.
Doesn't have Stephen King's touch, but I liked it. I'll give it a chance.
Filled with ridiculous implausabilities, but you have to overlook the "reality" with shows like this.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed it. I like the setting, 15 yrs after. It's not wholly realistic. I can accept the weaknesses there, and am willing to accept the sci-fi magic of global shutdown of all electricity.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have a lot of the same issues described here after two episodes. I really dislike all the characters, especially Charlie, and don't particularly care what happens to them. The whole "finding Danny" subplot seems to have no relevance to figuring out a solution. The acting here is also pretty low quality.
This seems a lot like "Lost" all over again (not a good thing, IMO).

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I know we are only a few episodes in, and so I can't tell where this show is going.
Here are some of my own thoughts on the show.
One difference between this show and Lost (and similarly, Flash Forward), is that on Lost, the characters were actively trying to find out about the Island and how to get off, and we were along for their ride. It was new to them, and therefore new to us. It was their #1 concern.
In this show, 'searching' for what happened and why isn't a concern for the characters (at least, not 15 Years Later). Any answers would have been either found or the search abandoned long before the events in these stories. Since finding answers isn't a motivation for the characters, therefore, as viewers, it shouldn't be for us either. Our expectations need to be different. Although we may get glimpses, if they are true to their concept, they aren't looking, so neither should we.
I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I will have to see.
David

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
I was left underwhelmed by the series premiere of Revolution. Average.....everything. I'll stick with it for another episode or two, but it's pretty clear that Revolution is not top tier.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
We got about thirty minutes in to the second episode, and girlfriend told me to shut it down. I simply cannot see this going anywhere. If the young girl is going to be the "lead" character, forget it. It seems like another ridiculous concept.

lvicious

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lance G
I was watching Revolution with my brother right after we viewed The Book of Eli on cable which I enjoy cause I love Denzel and Mr. Oldman and the season finale I had dvr'd for Falling Skies this past weekend... and my brother says.. ya know this (Revolution) reminds me a whole lot of what we just watched. So we turned it off and deleted it and moved on.

There is only so much of this stuff I can watch and Revolution just seemed bottom of the barrel, boring, rehashed bs. If i'm gonna watch a series that involves the world ending as we knew it and man vs himself and man vs the elements or aliens or whatever.. it's gonna be The Walking Dead. I don't even really care to watch anymore of Falling Skies even with the new alien supposedly showing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks